16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: SD on June 07, 2017, 11:42:44 AM
Most likely I'll watch it at the hotel or a sports bar but just in case I'm out I don't want to miss anything. I've never watched any sort of draft on anything other than a television so I wasn't sure if it would be available.

theres basically nothing that not available on your phone
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

can you watch the WatchESPN app without cable cause every time I've used it I've had to use my service provider
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2017, 04:02:29 PM
can you watch the WatchESPN app without cable cause every time I've used it I've had to use my service provider

I don't think so, ESPN is still too invested in propping up the legacy cable system to allow other ways to access their on-air content. I haven't had cable in close to a decade but I leech someone else's login.

MDS

you cant watch espn for free if thats what youre getting at

several streaming aps like youtube tv and playstation vue offer espn.....but can you get into watch espn via that? i dont know. id imagine you wouldnt, youd watch it on your phone via the youtube tv app but whatever.

i believe you cannot just directly "buy" the espn app but i may be wrong about that because i remember hearing they offered it for something silly like 20 bucks a month. maybe im confusing it with something else.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, in order to use watchespn app (or nearly any other cable network app for that matter) you will need to log in with your acct info for you cable/dish provider. 

Like even to watch stuff on FX, AMC, or Comedy Central apps, I think you still need to log in with your TV provider info. 

ice grillin you

does that go for live sporting events as well....like lil guy as an example doesn't have cable....does that mean he can't watch even games that espn broadcasts?

phattymatty

anyone who has philly comcast (or know someone who has it and can steal it), you can stream everything on the app.

i steal it from my mom and can watch any sixers game I want in real time on my phone or through roku on the tv.

same with flyers but blah.

phattymatty

also if the person you're stealing from pays for espn you can get that on the comcast app too. any station that they actually get on their tv.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 08, 2017, 12:02:10 AM
does that go for live sporting events as well....like lil guy as an example doesn't have cable....does that mean he can't watch even games that espn broadcasts?

huh...i use a log in to get everything but that besides the point

you need a log in to use any tv network app, except for hbonow which you can buy direct. you dont have to have cable, though. sling tv, youtube tv, etc. are basically cable providers.

phattymatty

how can you not steal someone's philly comcast login.

MDS

phattymatty

Carry on then.

The brow is on Jimmy Kimmel he is not nearly as boring as I thought.

ice grillin you

so if you didn't have someone's log in you couldn't watch live games on espn?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 08, 2017, 07:15:41 AM
so if you didn't have someone's log in you couldn't watch live games on espn?

what

of course you can.

how drunk are you 2

ice grillin you

i thought you need a tv provider log in to use the watchespn app

in other words if you dont have cable or someones cable log in info how would you watch anything on espn....or does espn independently and freely stream games and programming