16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 17, 2017, 07:08:29 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19404697/lavar-ball-now-wants-3b-shoe-cos-want-get-deal

Good God can you imagine having to deal with that lunatic?

I kinda feel bad for Lonzo.  Kid is gonna catch so much shtein because of his pops.  I seriously wish nothing but good things for Lonzo and hope his old man gets hit by a train.

Also, Big Baller Brand is a stupid name. Sounds like some shtein a couple of 10 year old kids came up with in a tree house.

PhillyPhreak54

Its even worse when he uses it as some kind of attempted insult

"YOURE NOT A BIG BALLER THEN!!"

ice grillin you

dario - jo - brogdon roy finalists
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i've been teetering between DSJ and Fox ever since the lottery and I think I'm about to be all in on DSJ. that ACL worries me a bit but everyone else on the team has injury problems might as well.

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

Ball considering working out for the Sixers. 

:phreakoutsignal

ice grillin you

completely meaningless because they pick behind the lakers

in fact if I'm the sixers I don't even host him

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 26, 2017, 07:26:40 AM
completely meaningless because they pick behind the lakers

in fact if I'm the sixers I don't even host him

Me either. If he dropped to 3 I'd explore trading back or just pass on him altogether.

Talking heads (local TV/Radio sports talk) seem to think Jackson is the clear cut pick at #3. I watch College ball and read up on all the prospects but I have no solid opinion of who they should take at 3.

Rome

They'd have two point guards vying for the rock on every possession.  It would be a disaster.  So it's a lock then?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

simmons - fox would be top 3-4 backcounrts in the league to watch and also top 1 worst shooting.

ice grillin you

yeah i like fox as a prospect but he would be as horrible a fit as you could get for the sixers

romey....lonzo is an excellent off the ball offensive player...hes not a guard who is going to or needs to pound the ball into the floor to suceed....in todays nba you gotta get positions out of your mind and look more towards style of play and fit

the reason i wouldnt host him is because the only reason he would do it is because he wants to show people hes not to good or above working out for teams....reason he turned down the celtics is because they pick before the lakers and could in theory take him if he has some phenomenal visit...a sixer workout and id still be suprised if he did it would be 100% a PR move

Rome

I will bet you any amount of money he and his retarded sperm donor will go play in a Europe or China rather than in Philly. 

And he is absolutely a ball hog.  If he's not the center of attention there will be a Vesuvius like meltdown. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 26, 2017, 02:54:57 PM
I will bet you any amount of money he and his retarded sperm donor will go play in a Europe or China rather than in Philly. 

And he is absolutely a ball hog.  If he's not the center of attention there will be a Vesuvius like meltdown. 

i just said two different times hes going to the lakers....lock and load

and you couldnt be more wrong about lonzo....a whopping half of his shot attempts last year came off a catch and shoot...and he is a great and eager dish man....i know you are just saying this shtein cause you hate his dad but trust me i watched a lot of him this year and hes not remotely a ball hog

Rome

Well first of all he IS a point guard.  That's his best position.  He's not a 2 or a 3 or a hybrid.  He's a point.   I don't know why you're arguing that because he just is, but whatever.

Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Magic says go farg yourself to the Ball circus.  He's not good enough of a prospect to deal with his idiot father.  I mean he's a damn fine player but this isn't LeBron outta high school or Magic coming out of college. 

And finally... I don't "hate" his idiot of a daddy.  I pity the kid for having to have to deal with trash like him.   By all accounts Lonzo is a decent kid and a hard worker.  I just hope for his sake he takes control of his life before the bloodsucking douche who fathered him ruins it for him.