16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 13, 2017, 11:54:27 AM
That is what you asked. Odds of getting either top 3 or a Laker pick is 100 - 30.5 = 69.5%. Getting two top 5 picks implies they got a Laker pick. And if the Sixers get the #1 overall, they are also in the top 3.

shtein thats high

and what about the odds of getting either the lakers pick or the #1 overall
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Getting just a #4 will be worse than it sounds because it will mean the Cs and Lakers are picking top 3... if it was the Nuggets and Suns it would be more digestible.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2017, 12:15:08 PM
That is what you asked. Odds of getting either top 3 or a Laker pick is 100 - 30.5 = 69.5%. Getting two top 5 picks implies they got a Laker pick. And if the Sixers get the #1 overall, they are also in the top 3.

shtein thats high

I ran it pretty quick but it looks like 58.2% of either one happening. Obviously it's 53.1% just to get the Laker pick alone and there's a lot of overlap in those scenarios with the Sixers jumping them, so it doesn't bump it too much. Still, better than 50-50.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 13, 2017, 12:21:04 PM
Getting just a #4 will be worse than it sounds because it will mean the Cs and Lakers are picking top 3... if it was the Nuggets and Suns it would be more digestible.

i dont care about the lakers at all and i hate the knicks more than the celtics plus the celtics cant pick lower than 4th anyway so im resigned to the fact that they are picking top 3...its not like if the celtics pick top 3 it means they moved from 9 up

in general tho the draft lottery is the one area of sports where i dont really care what happens as long as my team does great...i mean do i want any team from the sixers division picking high of course not but really there might as well not even be any other tams in the hopper...i only care about the sixers that night

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 13, 2017, 12:25:49 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2017, 12:15:08 PM

shtein thats high

I ran it pretty quick but it looks like 58.2% of either one happening. Obviously it's 53.1% just to get the Laker pick alone and there's a lot of overlap in those scenarios with the Sixers jumping them, so it doesn't bump it too much. Still, better than 50-50.

everything is so doable that its beyond frightening...because if they somehow go backwards on lottery night (which obviously also has real possibility) it would be that much more painful...its much easier to root for them to make a jump that has low odds....all these scenarios are legit possible and its maddening....thanks a lot hinkie magic

QB Eagles

I didn't check it, but I think the Kings ended up in the optimal position for keeping their pick away from either the Sixers or the Bulls (who would get anything #11 or below). That's a masterfully specific tank job they pulled off considering how many other teams finished around the same record. Just being linked to Hinkie in the rumor mill, they got sprinkled with the magic.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

SD

lol that's bad

"Rest of the team"...I guess Saric is chop liver.

ice grillin you

the funny thing is the rest of the roster is not far off at all from being a legit rotation of guys on a championship team

the irony of that idiot hayes article is that the thing you need to worry about most is the stars....jo jo probably will never be healthy simmonds has never played and they need another piece this year in the draft which is an unknown....the least of the worries are people like saric covey and holmes

PhillyPhreak54

Marcus Hayes must make like $30k a year because that's the only way he can still be on the staff there.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

the process will be the sixers rep at the lotto
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

ice grillin you

my stomach is in knots just thinking about tuesday