16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Kings will end the night at 8 if all goes well, the Mavs are about to close out a victory, just need the Clippers to acquiesce and play a little bit. 10% chance at top 3.

rjs246

So if I'm reading this right the sixers have a 47% chance of a top three pick (theirs or the Kings') and a 53% chance of getting the Lakers' pick. So they'll somehow get neither but still, nice job with the tank, team.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on April 13, 2017, 06:26:34 AM
So if I'm reading this right the sixers have a 47% chance of a top three pick (theirs or the Kings') and a 53% chance of getting the Lakers' pick. So they'll somehow get neither but still, nice job with the tank, team.

this is splitting hairs and im not even sure im correct on this but i think its 45% for a top 3 pick....because i dont think you can take the kings odds at the full amount cause in theory the sixers could get the second pick and the kings could get the third and therefore the kings pick wouldnt mean anything...but either way its 45-47%

lakers pick is 53%

first overall is 15% this is 3% better than it should be because of the kings

two top 5 picks is 40% which is an amazingly high percentage for the potential payoff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I ran all the probabilities. It agrees with MDS' chart.

Some more things:

- Overall the Sixers have a 8.6% chance of swapping with the Kings (including a 0.15% chance of sending them the #7 for the #1).
- There's a 2.4% chance the Sixers get both the #1 and #4

Odds of bad stuff:
- 54.7% to have no picks in the top 3
- 31.0% to have no picks in the top 4
- 3.8% to have no picks in the top 5
- They can't be stuck with only #7
- Worst case scenario of #6 only: 3.0%

ice grillin you

qb could you figure out what the % chance of just one of the following happening is?

sixers get a top 3 pick
sixers get lakers pick
sixers get first overall pick
sixers get two top 5 picks

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2017, 11:09:32 AM
sixers get first overall pick

Can't figure it out, math is too complicated

ice grillin you

well whatever it is thats the % chance that i will be happy on lottery night.....i just need one those and im good

QB Eagles

Oh you mean the chance of any those things happening, all combined? Thought you were farging with me by asking what the odds of #1 overall was. It's gonna be pretty good odds to get at least one of those.

ice grillin you

right....the % chance that just one of those things happen

QB Eagles

It's 30.5% to get stuck with one pick and have it fall outside the top 3, that's what I would consider a bad lottery night. 20.6% to have one pick and it's outside the top 4.

ice grillin you

so its too difficult too figure out what im asking?

QB Eagles

That is what you asked. Odds of getting either top 3 or a Laker pick is 100 - 30.5 = 69.5%. Getting two top 5 picks implies they got a Laker pick. And if the Sixers get the #1 overall, they are also in the top 3.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 13, 2017, 11:49:25 AM
It's 30.5% to get stuck with one pick and have it fall outside the top 3, that's what I would consider a bad lottery night.

that happening and the pick being below four would be really bad

theres a whole bunch of different levels of joy or pain that could happen with all the possibilities but basically if anything happens where they get the #1 overall i will be peeing on my furniture

next level is those other things i mentioned and any of them would be parade worthy

then there would be status quo....you stay at four and dont get the lakers pick...i would be ok with this...of course a little disappointed but that would be washed away with the thought that at least it could have been a castarophe

which bring you to anything less than the above....this is murder suicide territory