16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the sixers led their press release about the trade with the first round pick

ummmmmmm no
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I don't see how he's not a starting caliber center.  He's doesn't have much of an offensive game but his defense alone is enough to warrant a starting gig in this league.  It really can't be overstated how hard it is to be an elite defender in the paint in an era where the rules so heavily favor offense.   

SD

I'm slightly excited to see Holmes get more pt.

Some talking heads seem to be excited with Anderson. I haven't watched any Mavs games this season so I'll reserve judgement

ice grillin you

nn is not an elite defender in the paint...he's an elite defender in space and just ok at the rim

Anderson is a shot away from being a very good three and D guy...whether he ever develops one no one knows...if nothing else he is a great dunker and will get you out your seat at times

root for teams not players
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

let people grieve for one day you farg. nerlens had my heart and now he's gone. you bitch all season long and now people bitchin for one night and you're mister calm.

but yeah i'm not mad at anderson, not his fault. kinda excited to see what he can do with some minutes.

also somehow the sixers have more centers after all of this. older, worse centers. i know they won't be here long but still kinda funny.

phattymatty

QuoteJohn Barchard
Hearing that Simmons CT scan didn't go as planned today and his season is very much in doubt #Sixers

No idea who this is but blah.

ice grillin you

win win imo

zero reason to play him this year and it also helps the pick

hunt

yeah, sit simmons...sit embiid.  just tank it out the rest of this season...not like they're going anywhere.

on the noel trade...this is what happens when you draft 3 centers in a league that doesn't value centers...you get crap in return.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

the worst part of yesterday isnt even trading nn its that they still have jah...if they had gotten rid of jah i would have been ok with the deadline results

hunt

hopefully they can move jah this offseason...he's a bad fit & infuriating to watch play.  but let him pad some stats for the rest of this season to help his trade value.

ice grillin you

this presser is hard to listen to

coangelo currently talking up tj mcconnell

ice grillin you

2017 and 2020 2nd round picks

also in so many words said that they didnt think nerlens is worth the money he will ultimately get

ice grillin you

i think id rather listen to trump than bryco

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 24, 2017, 10:45:26 AM
2017 and 2020 2nd round picks

also in so many words said that they didnt think nerlens is worth the money he will ultimately get

he's not, imo.

PhillyPhreak54

Firing Hinkie was such a bad move.

Josh Harris and his boys can farg off.