16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2017, 08:32:40 AM
but this jerk off session by the fans is infuriatingly short sighted

You mean the same fan base that was predominantly supportive of The Process from the day Hinkie was hired and during a 3 year tank?  People have been waiting - patiently - to have something going on with this team to legitimately be excited about.  And now we're starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.  Can you really blame anyone for getting excited at this point? 

SD

He's just miserable. I get it. This is a deep draft in position the Sixers need. But there's an alternative he doesn't want to embrace.

Plus today is the inauguration.

So lets give him a break.

Rome

I watched five minutes of a Sixers game.  Embiid is amazing.  Stop whining and enjoy it, you funholes. 

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 20, 2017, 09:50:12 AM

You mean the same fan base that was predominantly supportive of The Process from the day Hinkie was hired and during a 3 year tank?  People have been waiting - patiently - to have something going on with this team to legitimately be excited about.  And now we're starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.  Can you really blame anyone for getting excited at this point?

the process doesn't stop cause they won a few games...they are years away from competeing for a championship and this draft is cttical in getting them there...so yes I can blame people for not caring about this years draft because they won some stupid game against Toronto...be happy Embiid has not gotten hurt yet...that and losses are the only things that matter this year

and if if i hear one more time how much these poor hipsters have suffered over a whole three year period I'm going to puke...cry me a farging river...and if you were true process people you should be smart enough to know to see it thru
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2017, 12:46:23 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 20, 2017, 09:50:12 AM

the process doesn't stop cause they won a few games...they are years away from competeing for a championship and this draft is cttical in getting them there...so yes I can blame people for not caring about this years draft because they won some stupid game against Toronto...be happy Embiid has not gotten hurt yet...that and losses are the only things that matter this year

and if if i hear one more time how much these poor hipsters have suffered over a whole three year period I'm going to puke...cry me a farging river...and if you were true process people you should be smart enough to know to see it thru

I don't disagree with them getting as many high draft picks as possible being the best case scenario.  Mo assets, mo potential.  But that doesn't mean that getting little glimpses like this current stretch they're on (I think they've won 7 of their last 9) aren't good for the team either.

I think this little streak they're on is more mirage than reality.  They're probably more prone to lose 7 of 9 more often than they'll win 7 of 9.  But small flashes of potential is not a bad thing here.  And if you think it is, then you should avoid watching after the break when Simmons starts getting minutes. 

And quit worrying about hipster fans.  Or hipsters in general.  And fans in general.  They don't make or break the process. 

phattymatty

igy is right about insufferable fans though. last game i was at some jabroni kept yelling trust the process and then when richaun came in, he loudly asked who the hell is that.

Sgt PSN

Lets just take half of Sixers fans and put them in, what I like to call, the basket of insufferables.

smeags

im going to watch the game tonight. I might crack a smile if they win, but I swear, it will only last a 1/2 a second.

Sgt PSN

Meh, word on the street is that you were already insufferable, so go ahead and make it a full second.  Not gonna hurt your rep any. 

hunt

might as well grow an ironic beard while you're at it.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

smeags

I was thinking more along the lines of going with a euro trash look.

ice grillin you

my god is sergio painful to watch....him and dario gotta be both be about a minus 100
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD