16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on January 19, 2017, 10:14:36 AM
the tanking was ugly, it was brutal to watch and go through, but it was a necessary part of the process.

was way less brutal and ugly than winning 30 games with rodney carney and sammy d
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 19, 2017, 12:40:36 PM
Quote from: SD on January 19, 2017, 12:23:24 PM
Pretty sure you were critical of the MCW trade too. Just piling it on at this point.

i was critical of it from a PR standpoint....they were in the middle of the tank and they traded the 1 player who people knew for ANOTHER future draft pick. i think that was the lakers pick or was that their own pick? it was a terrible look and hinkie was typically smug and dismissive.

anyway the process was a farce run by a geek with no basketball intellect but the incredible ability to read a market and collect assets. 1 of those assets happens to be joel hans embiid. leggo sixers.

It was for the Lakers pick and lol at from a PR standpoint. Hinkie was so popular because fans were tired of being a borderline playoff team so he rebuilt the team from the ground up. It's been a few years but I don't recall there being PR outrage over that trade.

smeags

you don't have to like the method, but respect the results we are seeing to this point.

just don't act like you are enjoying any of the winning, yet.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on January 19, 2017, 12:08:24 PM
Quote from: SD on January 19, 2017, 09:54:40 AMPretty sure you wanted Mcbuckets over Saric too. You never trusted the process. Hinkie died for you sins. You deserve to be ridiculed.

i thought it was insulting to take 2 guys who werent going to play a season after you tanked. no matter how the process turns out, thats a fact. they lied to everyone and roped everyone in, then took 2 guys who werent going to play. its insulting to your paying customers.

exum stinks but mcbuckets isnt a bad player at all.

Huh?  Hinkie was pretty open and upfront about The Process from Day 1.  Everyone knew it was going to be a multi-year tank and rebuild. 

SD

This whole thread is gold

http://www.concretefield.info/forum/index.php?topic=21727.0

Quote from: MDS on October 27, 2014, 10:01:05 PM
i wouldnt have drafted embiid...hes been playing basketball for 3 years and has been injured for 3 years
mcw cant shoot
noel is a stick and missed a week with a cold
saric has a lunatic commie father

there's little to no shot this thing works....so its good thing its gonna take 4 years to start seeing it. OR they could have drafted players that could play, have 4 youngins on the floor by november, and go from there. if it works. BOOM. if it dont, youre back in the lotto going for another player.

but keep buying the team propaganda that this is the only possibly way to do it and that it'll definitely work because hinkie is a genius that thinks less of the fans than josh huff does.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2014, 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 25, 2014, 10:10:06 PM
Besides me and Havas, who's on the Hinkie bus?  Speak now or forever stfu.

I'm gonna mark down the little guy as a no.

im driving as fast as i can in the opposite direction...get me away from this tire fire

Sgt PSN

I like this one. 

Quote from: MDS on November 13, 2014, 09:36:42 PM
phillies will be title contender before the sixers

smeags

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2016, 07:19:19 PM
5 minutes in embiid looks like a cement foot stiff

you don't even have to go that far back for a gem.

at this point, those still crying about the process, need a chuck norris motivational speech.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

the latter 2 things were jokes but that long rant wasnt off...embiid is the second coming of jesus but he's a liability....everything with saric is up in the air....noel is a backup...mcw lol

but god damn if ya'll stillupfront's moms wanna go back on everything dumb sports take thats been said on here its not going to be pretty for any of you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 19, 2017, 01:36:01 PM
I like this one. 

Quote from: MDS on November 13, 2014, 09:36:42 PM
phillies will be title contender before the sixers

phillies will be contending in 2019....we'll see about the sixers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
sixers moved from 3 to 6 today and lakers went into the top 5....hope everyone is happy

I figured out a way to make you happy. Sac just lost Rudy Gay for the season. If the season were to end today and the lottery fell as it should, they'd have the 9th pick. Root for the Sixers to make the playoffs and for Sac to tank. There's a legit shot the Sixers could make the playoffs and still wind up with two lottery picks.

Eagles_Legendz

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 19, 2017, 05:26:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
sixers moved from 3 to 6 today and lakers went into the top 5....hope everyone is happy

I figured out a way to make you happy. Sac just lost Rudy Gay for the season. If the season were to end today and the lottery fell as it should, they'd have the 9th pick. Root for the Sixers to make the playoffs and for Sac to tank. There's a legit shot the Sixers could make the playoffs and still wind up with two lottery picks.

im well aware....but for the record theres no chance the lakers dont tank to protect their pick....also please for the love of allah stop talking sixers playoffs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

farg that they're fun to watch again. I'm all in on playoffs.,

Sgt PSN

I'm cool with however this season plays out.  Playoffs or lottery pick doesn't make much difference to me.  I have the same approach with this team and JoJo/Simmons as I did with the Eagles and Wentz.  Just be better at the end of the season than they were at the beginning.  This is basically a 3 month preseason between now and April as far as I'm concerned...even more so when Simmons finally plays.