16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

the tanking was ugly, it was brutal to watch and go through, but it was a necessary part of the process.

and now here they are.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

you didn't enjoy watching jakaar sampson  ???
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

smeags

hunt

smeags

"where are they now" - the sixers tank roster episode.

hunt

that would be a good 30 for 30.  :-D

smeags

Sgt PSN

The Process very well could be documentary material in 20 or 30 years, especially if JoJo leads this team to a chip. 

smeags

that would be awesome, especially when they get to the part about the four championships.

phattymatty

Those two Dario blocks last night were sexy as farg.

MDS

Quote from: SD on January 19, 2017, 09:54:40 AMPretty sure you wanted Mcbuckets over Saric too. You never trusted the process. Hinkie died for you sins. You deserve to be ridiculed.

i thought it was insulting to take 2 guys who werent going to play a season after you tanked. no matter how the process turns out, thats a fact. they lied to everyone and roped everyone in, then took 2 guys who werent going to play. its insulting to your paying customers.

exum stinks but mcbuckets isnt a bad player at all.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Pretty sure you were critical of the MCW trade too. Just piling it on at this point.

smeags

Quote from: MDS on January 19, 2017, 12:08:24 PM
Quote from: SD on January 19, 2017, 09:54:40 AMPretty sure you wanted Mcbuckets over Saric too. You never trusted the process. Hinkie died for you sins. You deserve to be ridiculed.

i thought it was insulting to take 2 guys who werent going to play a season after you tanked. no matter how the process turns out, thats a fact. they lied to everyone and roped everyone in, then took 2 guys who werent going to play. its insulting to your paying customers.

exum stinks but mcbuckets isnt a bad player at all.

I'm not sure why you, or anyone else (eskin) were so insulted. fact is, the process got the team to this point.

plus, at this point, who cares, enjoy the ride and lets see how this goes.

edit - http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2017/01/nba_trade_rumors_sixers_ready_to_deal_jahlil_okafo.html#incart_river_index

yes please.

MDS

Quote from: SD on January 19, 2017, 12:23:24 PM
Pretty sure you were critical of the MCW trade too. Just piling it on at this point.

i was critical of it from a PR standpoint....they were in the middle of the tank and they traded the 1 player who people knew for ANOTHER future draft pick. i think that was the lakers pick or was that their own pick? it was a terrible look and hinkie was typically smug and dismissive.

anyway the process was a farce run by a geek with no basketball intellect but the incredible ability to read a market and collect assets. 1 of those assets happens to be joel hans embiid. leggo sixers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 19, 2017, 09:26:00 AM
Are we approaching the territory where embiid is so popular with everyone that igy is going to need to fight his natural impulse to dislike him due to rampant popularity

i was on him at kansas...hes a god always has been....ive been saying since the draft hes a transformational player that had to be taken...my problem is with the idiots who are happy they are winning these games and think its awesome...i am 100% a pragmatic fan...i dont root for or against things because other people do....i almost always root for what is best for my teams to win a championship one day....now admittedly thats probably less fun but its just how i am
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous