16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I have All the faith in Colangelo to do so

ice grillin you

hes done it well before....and this time even you could do it...everything is their to acquire what you need...just gotta go about doing it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I just don't trust him to not spend on stupid contracts for undeserving mediocre players

But yes they do need a wing who is explosive. Any ideas as to who they can target?

ice grillin you

they need to get markelle fultz in the worst way...hes not a wing but he can break a defense the farg down

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 29, 2016, 03:08:18 PM
I just don't trust him to not spend on stupid contracts for undeserving mediocre players

But yes they do need a wing who is explosive. Any ideas as to who they can target?

i'm still undecided on colangelo because i am an admitted member of the hinkie cult. but where is this history of over-paying for mediocre free agents that you keep talking about.

ice grillin you

there isnt one....hes like a trillion other veteran gms...his resume includes good moves and bad moves...i have no idea where j came up with this narrative...i think he will be fine not because i think hes some awesome gm but because hinkie has set the table so well that it will be hard to completely farg up

ice grillin you

should also be noted that there is zero history that hinkie would know how to put together a basketball team...all hes proven is that he was able to find an owner that would allow him to tank and collect mad assets...dont get me wrong he taught a master class in how to do it properly but thats a whole different thing than constructing a championship roster

PhillyPhreak54

My belief that Colangelo will spend stupidly is more that he's from the older more classic form of exec and those are the ones who give stupid deals to players who aren't worth it.

His record of transactions is rather unimpressive too

http://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/colanbr99x.html

I liked Hinkie going against the grain a bit.

MDS

your paranoia of colangelo breaking the bank on mediocre players is like a trumpkin thinking hillary is coming for their guns....ITS NOT HAPPENING
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i mean it could happen but jays hysteria over it is completely delusional and unfounded

PhillyPhreak54

How'd your date with the Brazilian go? Tap some Latin ass did ya?!

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 29, 2016, 08:29:51 PM
How'd your date with the Brazilian go? Tap some Latin ass did ya?!

i now speak fluent Portuguese

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 29, 2016, 08:28:51 PM
i mean it could happen but jays hysteria over it is completely delusional and unfounded

i mean thats my man j in a nutshell....but generally he thinks everything is going to be AWESOME for the philly team. this goes against that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

hes just another gm...as far as he goes there is nothing to get excited about whether in a positive or negative way

PhillyPhreak54

If she has a sister hook your boy up

What's funny is it I liked Colangelo or thought he'd do well I'd be home ring it up

Make your minds up buttheads

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 29, 2016, 08:43:41 PM
What's funny is it I liked Colangelo or thought he'd do well I'd be home ring it up

take second to think about why that might be and then get back to me with your answer