Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

So... they're running back pretty much the same team save for a relief pitcher named Archie.

MDS

total smartest guys in the room signing with chase anderson

he was always a contact pitcher until last year when he started striking out people...and getting hit much harder. they think they can fix him with the boy wonder pitching coach. im sure itll work out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I love that Archie gif.  That is done funny ass shtein.

Geowhizzer

FROM MLB Trade Rumors:

QuoteAnderson has been somewhat homer-prone throughout his career, but there's little reason to expect such pronounced struggles to continue.

I'm sure that a homer-prone pitcher will turn right around in the spaciousness of Citizens' Bank Park.

QB Eagles

Quotebut there's little reason to expect such pronounced struggles to continue

There's more reason to expect the struggles to continue than to miraculously end.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 03, 2021, 11:57:14 AM
FROM MLB Trade Rumors:

QuoteAnderson has been somewhat homer-prone throughout his career, but there's little reason to expect such pronounced struggles to continue.

I'm sure that a homer-prone pitcher will turn right around in the spaciousness of Citizens' Bank Park.

Already dreading his first start.

I totally forgot all the hype around Matt Moore when he first came up.  Sounds like he's been through hell with his arm.  He pitched well in Japan so fingers crossed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Anderson signing official.  $4 million.

Mediocrity, thy name is Phillies.

MDS

7 inning doubleheaders and the extra inning rule are staying

more inventive ways for the phillies to lose games coming up...but this time over 162 games not 60
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Phils sign Brandon Kintzler to a non-guaranteed contract.

MDS

looks like brad bamboo miller is coming back

they are just adding depth and runs, gotta like it. IF they get competent pitching this might wind up being a fun year

Geowhizzer

Just having a bullpen that isn't a complete trainwreck would put the Phils into meaningful games in September.

QB Eagles

In other words, it won't be a fun year with meaningful games in September.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 12, 2021, 11:59:48 AM

Yeah, most likely.

MDS

its the phillies so theyll find a way to farg it up but it would be really really impressive if the bullpen is as bad or worse than last year

at some point you figure youre going to get some face cards when you play blackjack...simple law of averages here

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on February 12, 2021, 07:53:05 PM

its the phillies so theyll find a way to farg it up but it would be really really impressive if the bullpen is as bad or worse than last year

at some point you figure youre going to get some face cards when you play blackjack...simple law of averages here

You got it right here...

Quoteits the phillies