Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

its always fun when the philly team loses but in some other game the rival team has an awful loss

haha other team!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

lol at mocking the giant niner game

I guess mocking one of the great franchises in all of sports for one game makes up for the Eagles 4000 years of being pathetic

my god
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

How doesn't the Bruins collapse up 3-0 then going up 3-0 in game 7 against the Flyers not make the list?

smeags

Quote from: SD on July 13, 2016, 08:39:14 AM
How doesn't the Bruins collapse up 3-0 then going up 3-0 in game 7 against the Flyers not make the list?

yeah that should certainly be up there but I guess that 1942 red wings collapse was the token NHL entry. 

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 13, 2016, 12:38:19 AM
haha at your worn out emo sports fan schtick

haha at the eagles for losing at home to the bucs because thats what happened 2 weeks after this

since that game the giants have won 2 super bowls and the eagles have won...let me check...oh yea, none.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on July 13, 2016, 08:39:14 AM

it absolutely should be...its not a very good list

QB Eagles

It's ESPN, they rarely acknowledge the existence of the NHL.

Sgt PSN

I checked out on that list when I saw a regular season college hoops game on there.  Also, even though it just happened like 2 weeks ago, how do you leave the Dubs off that list?  Team with the most reg season wins in history blows a 3-1 Finals lead, along with game 7 on their home court.  That's gotta be in there somewhere.   

ice grillin you

thunder choked against the warriors worse than the warriors did the cavs...up 3-1 and up 7 with five minutes left at home in game six...then got outscored I think 21-5

QB Eagles

Absolutely the Thunder choke was more brutal, and the 1-2 of that devastating series and then Durant leaving for the opponent magnifies it even more. Only argument is that the Ws were a better team, but a collapse is a collapse.

Sgt PSN

In terms of straight choke job, yes, the OKC was worse.  But if you add weight for the significance of the choke....Finals chip vs Conf chip....then I'd still give the edge to the Dubs.  Both should be on that list somewhere, but I'd still rank the Dubs choke higher than OKC.   

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 13, 2016, 08:06:59 AM
lol at mocking the giant niner game

I guess mocking one of the great franchises in all of sports for one game makes up for the Eagles 4000 years of being pathetic

my god

Um...who mocked it?! It was a fun game to watch. Jesus Christ you and lil guy need counseling