Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i would like to return the draft grades to sender
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Unscripted...from combine to draft room. Neat look behind the scenes of the Eagles draft

https://youtu.be/EJjV-EAoi-I?si=OLKGbLS7H7VLcwkN

Don Ho

Good shtein SD!  Thanks for sharing.  Love you to IGY, love the draft recaps.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

time for some schedule speculation:

jimmy kempeski said the eagles are getting a MNF game in week 2. i believe this jives.

the eagles asking for a home game after brazil makes sense. they cannot host sunday, due to the phils. they wont play thursday, so monday makes sense. pit, cle, nyg feel like the most likely games here. cant completely rule out dallas, too.

bear in mind, this is a request the eagles made. it does not have to be honored, but generally teams get what they want, especially if they agree to give up a home game and fly 14 hours south.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Your schedule speculations, wrong as they usually are, remind me of the hangman's paradox.

QuoteA judge tells a condemned prisoner that he will be hanged at noon on one weekday in the following week but that the execution will be a surprise to the prisoner. He will not know the day of the hanging until the executioner knocks on his cell door at noon that day.

Having reflected on his sentence, the prisoner draws the conclusion that he will escape from the hanging. His reasoning is in several parts. He begins by concluding that the "surprise hanging" can't be on Friday, as if he hasn't been hanged by Thursday, there is only one day left – and so it won't be a surprise if he's hanged on Friday. Since the judge's sentence stipulated that the hanging would be a surprise to him, he concludes it cannot occur on Friday.

He then reasons that the surprise hanging cannot be on Thursday either, because Friday has already been eliminated and if he hasn't been hanged by Wednesday noon, the hanging must occur on Thursday, making a Thursday hanging not a surprise either. By similar reasoning, he concludes that the hanging can also not occur on Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday. Joyfully he retires to his cell confident that the hanging will not occur at all.

The next week, the executioner knocks on the prisoner's door at noon on Wednesday – which, despite all the above, was an utter surprise to him.

You have no idea what the Eagles requested, and the Phillies have moved games to accommodate the Eagles as recently as last year's home opener, so this is no ironclad blocker. Also, the word is "jibes".

I too believe that the Eagles will play MNF at home in Week 2, not because of convoluted logic, but because Kempski obviously has inside information and leaked it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 08, 2024, 11:32:51 PMtime for some schedule speculation:

jimmy kempeski said the eagles are getting a MNF game in week 2. i believe this jives.

the eagles asking for a home game after brazil makes sense. they cannot host sunday, due to the phils. they wont play thursday, so monday makes sense. pit, cle, nyg feel like the most likely games here. cant completely rule out dallas, too.

bear in mind, this is a request the eagles made. it does not have to be honored, but generally teams get what they want, especially if they agree to give up a home game and fly 14 hours south.

they play eight games at home and you just named half the teams as a possible opponent for one of them...this is next level shtein
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Schedule Guru mds is one of my favorites. Tv ratings mds is the best tho

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 09, 2024, 01:46:23 AMI too believe that the Eagles will play MNF at home in Week 2, not because of convoluted logic, but because Kempski obviously has inside information and leaked it.

the schedule is not even done and has not been released to teams. there is no way for anyone to know anything yet, other than requests teams make to the league. these are very common, and range from specific dates to host/not host to specific opponents on x week.

so based off of that, i correctly concluded that the eagles requested to host week 2. i also correctly noted that a sunday game cannot and will not be moved. a monday game being moved to thursday to one thing, the phillies are not moving a sunday game. they sell sunday plans, the gate difference between sunday and a weekday is stark. its not happening. and thus i correctly concluded that someone with the eagles informed kempeski of this and he farted it out there.

the game speculation is me just being a nerd. end scene.

MDS

there is some rumblings about the eagles playing on christmas, which would put them playing the prior saturday. look out.

MDS

1-Packers (Brazil)
2-Falcons (MNF)
3-@Saints
8-@Bengals

starting to come together

SD

https://twitter.com/JakeRabadiNFL/status/1790747266443022770

Week 1: vs Packers 8:15 (Brazil)
Week 2: vs Falcons 8:15 (MNF)
Week 3: at Saints 1:00
Week 4: at Bucs 1:00
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: vs Browns 1:00
Week 7: at Giants (1:00)
Week 8: at Bengals 4:25
Week 9: vs Jaguars 8:20 (SNF)
Week 10: at Cowboys 4:25
Week 11: Commanders 8:15 (TNF)
Week 12: at Rams (SNF)
Week 13: at Ravens 4:25
Week 14: vs Panthers 1:00
Week 15: vs Steelers 4:25
Week 16: at Commanders 1:00
Week 17: vs Cowboys 4:25
Week 18: vs Giants (TBD)

No terrible stretch

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

west coast road night game leading into another road game, albeit a short trip, is not ideal

Having both Cowboy games at 425 is...interesting. Usually one of those is on NBC. lets see here. maybe one is CBS