Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Feva, April 26, 2013, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

How anyone can't find a way to love you miserable bunch of fargs is beyond me. I love you guys.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Who's to say he's going to be the backup?   Celek isn't exactly Tony Gonzalez, but even if he is the bookend in a two TE set, the Eagles didn't reach for anyone there.  They picked the 34th rated player 35th.  And they picked the guy who sat atop their board at the start of the day.   Again, there are guys I would have preferred there, but whining over that is useless.  They got a good prospect at a fairly important position, especially in Kelly's offense.  They're not going to win much early anyway, so picking the best player available to me is a reasonable decision.

PhillyPhreak54

defense is more important...not some surfer brainiac TE

ice grillin you

its useless to defend the pick....they took a good (not great) prospect with a low ceiling at TE which other than RB is probably the position of least need on the team

sounds like they did the right thing to me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

methdeez

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 26, 2013, 08:27:34 PM
Lol. Is there any basis to 'surfer brainiac' besides him being white?

Rome

It's useless to expect you to be anything but critical of everything they do.   I wanted someone other than a TE there.   All any of us can do from this second on is be hopeful this guy works out.  That's something that you're incapable of doing and we all recognize that, IGY.

ice grillin you

are there any white guys from orange who dont surf?

are there any dumb guys at stanford?

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2013, 08:31:48 PM
are there any dumb guys at stanford?

You mean besides the football players?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2013, 08:31:32 PM
It's useless to expect you to be anything but critical of everything they do.   I wanted someone other than a TE there.   All any of us can do from this second on is be hopeful this guy works out.  That's something that you're incapable of doing and we all recognize that, IGY.

the problem is that even if he works out it doesnt make their team better...he just replaces another guy who worked out

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: methdeez on April 26, 2013, 08:30:17 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 26, 2013, 08:27:34 PM
Lol. Is there any basis to 'surfer brainiac' besides him being white?

No...I am being irrational because I hate the pick

Eagles_Legendz

Ertz passes the look test and can play.  When I hear surfer I think of non-football players like Bloom.  Ertz can play.

They just needed help other places way more.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2013, 08:33:05 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2013, 08:31:32 PM

the problem is that even if he works out it doesnt make their team better...he just replaces another guy who worked out

The Eagles thought he was the best player on the board and they took him.  That's not going to change, so you really need to get over it.

General_Failure

Buddy never would have picked this icehole.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2013, 08:25:11 PM
Who's to say he's going to be the backup?   Celek isn't exactly Tony Gonzalez, but even if he is the bookend in a two TE set, the Eagles didn't reach for anyone there.  They picked the 34th rated player 35th.  And they picked the guy who sat atop their board at the start of the day.   Again, there are guys I would have preferred there, but whining over that is useless.  They got a good prospect at a fairly important position, especially in Kelly's offense.  They're not going to win much early anyway, so picking the best player available to me is a reasonable decision.

I agree with all of this

Like NE's offense Kelly is going to use a lot of two TE sets. Celek is more of a big lumbering TE...Casey is more of a halfback/TE hybrid and who knows how Kelly is going to use him. Ertz fits his offensive scheme perfectly. They went heavy on D last draft and in free agency, Kelly needs to build the offense in his image. Right now it's a bunch of zesty Reid players.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteKelly is expected to feature the tight end significantly in his up-tempo offense. Many other teams around the NFL have utilized two tight end sets in recent seasons.

"If go three linebackers, we split them out, and we throw passes," Kelly said. "If they go three , we smash you. So pick your poison."