Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Feva, April 26, 2013, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

because one time ertz respected women and recycled
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

lol - ok, that was funny.  i'll give you that one.

as for fletcher cox, he should change his first name to enormous to match the contract he's gonna get.

holy shtein.

QB Eagles

I thought his blocking was vastly improved this last season, to the point where that alone was making Celek expendable.

I wouldn't put him in the top five tight ends in the league, but he might be in the top five tight ends it makes sense to give a 5 year extension to. Walker, Gates, Olsen, and Barnidge are all on the wrong side of 30.

PhillyPhreak54

And the TE position has become an either or in the last several years.

You're either a good receiver and a lousy blocker or a good blocker and lousy receiver.

ice grillin you

contract is perfectly fair for a guy who hasn't been great but is getting better every year as he gets more snaps and could be great one day....my biggest problem with him is inside the red zone...seems to have trouble getting open when the field shrinks

really tho the te wont matter much until you get some wr's
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Agree. Except
QuoteThe Philadelphia Eagles have signed tight end Brent Celek to a  three-year, $13 million extension through 2019 accoring to Adam Caplan

$6 mil guaranteed, reportedly.

I haven't been following closely. Was it just the HC duties Chip was fired from and he's still GM?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Freed up a little cap space I guess, but they could have saved $5 million by cutting him instead.

BigEd76

The team says it replaces his old deal, so he's only signed through 2018

PhillyPhreak54

He's a good backup and that's not an awful deal

Eagaholic

I think $4.5M/yr is too much for a 31 yr old blocking TE.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagaholic

I agree. He's a pretty decent blocker and I get the idea of wanting some continuity when they will have lots of other holes to fill. But if they want to spend that kind of money to block and protect the QB they'd be better off putting it towards a good guard.

hbionic

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 26, 2016, 06:40:33 PM
I agree. He's a pretty decent blocker and I get the idea of wanting some continuity when they will have lots of other holes to fill. But if they want to spend that kind of money to block and protect the QB they'd be better off putting it towards a good guard.

When have the Eagles done anything right?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05