We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

yesterday was first time more than 4k deaths reported for one 24 hour period....so far today, new cases reported already above 7 day average, with hours more to go before close of business...will certainly be the highest total count to date, might approach or even surpass 300k new cases

a second, different, mutation of the virus identified, also more contagious than the original, but thankfully it appears they are both blocked by the vaccines

Mrs. Dio got her vaccine on Wednesday as planned, and is already booked for the booster in a couple weeks.  She's worried about that one, as reportedly a lot of people are suffering flu-like symptoms for a day or two following the booster shot.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Houston region COVID hospitalizations have more than doubled since Thanksgiving. We're on pace to exceed July's peek in 1-2 weeks.

Elective surgeries have been shelved.
Bars closed (but they're loopholing by offering "food" at some of them)
restaurants reduced to 50%

The bars are offering some microwave shtein to be considered food sales. A lot of restaurants are not heeding the deal either.

One f my customers has it now. She and her family had a big NY party. So big shock there...

And the have our first confirmed case of the UK variant here. And apparently the dude lied to the health dept and told them he did not travel but indeed had been to Colorado.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I was talking to some friends today and finally took a look at the numbers for Lancaster county. It was doing relatively okay for most of the year, there were even a couple of days where there were zero new cases. September 13th, zero cases. September 14th, 1,409 cases. Once schools opened up and holidays came around, it started spiking hard. It took a whole two months to go from zero new cases a day to 12k.

Thanks to the brave men of Vanilla Isis, it spiked back up again this week. Instead of days where the high was closing in on a thousand, we've had a whole two days in the last month in a half where the new cases dipped below 5k. And these dumb motherfargers are still gonna walk around without a mask yelling about muh freedoms.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

It's getting worse here too. But of course we have the deniers.

This shtein is never going away. Look at the images from Tuscaloosa last night after Bama won. Nuts to butts packed everywhere

General_Failure

Quebec is gonna pull an England and farg things up. Quebec to allow 90-day delay before second vaccine doses, more than double what national panel advises

QuoteQuebec announced in late December it would be delaying second doses or "booster shots" of the vaccine, but the province hadn't said until Thursday what kind of delay it had in mind.

Provincial officials now say the second dose should come between 42 and 90 days after the first.

Such a schedule would allow the province to give the vaccine to more people who would otherwise have to wait for their first dose, said the health officials.

A delay of 90 days is much longer than what's been recommended by Pfizer (21 days, for its vaccine), Moderna (28 days, for its vaccine), and federal public health advisors in their recommendation on Wednesday (up to 42 days for both vaccines).

However, that national advisory panel, called NACI, said Thursday that provinces have some leeway to make their own decisions and they aren't opposing Quebec's 90-day timeline.

There's gonna be a lot of people who straight up won't get their second shot.

Eagaholic

So for months now we've been combating Trump's idiocy - from Faucci on down - trying to build public trust by saying we're following the science. That's been a rallying credo, to follow the science. Now Canada, and a good number of officials in the US, are saying know what? Throw the science out the window. Forget the research protocols demonstrated to be safe and effective. We're gonna just take a guess here. And wear some garlic around your neck too, to make up for the increased interval. Trust us.

Diomedes

Didn't Canada procure more vaccine doses than they have people?  I swear I saw a headline to that affect recently?

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on January 15, 2021, 12:32:17 PM
Didn't Canada procure more vaccine doses than they have people?  I swear I saw a headline to that affect recently?

I don't know if production is keeping up with purchases. Either way, imagine Quebec as French Texas whenever they're in the news.

Diomedes

Quote from: General_Failure on January 15, 2021, 12:41:53 PM...imagine Quebec as French Texas whenever they're in the news.

This much I've gathered over the years.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on January 15, 2021, 12:41:53 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 15, 2021, 12:32:17 PM

I don't know if production is keeping up with purchases. Either way, imagine Quebec as French Texas whenever they're in the news.

is Ted Cruz from there?

Eagaholic

He is from Canada. Which makes a compelling argument to put up a Canadian wall.

Edit: He is from Calgary. Years ago my family went on vacation there. It such was beautiful country. Once we stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and I saw scribbled on the wall "here I sit with my icehole hurtin. I just gave birth to a new alburtan." It's what makes me think of Cruz.

PhillyPhreak54

We have surpassed 400k dead now.

So the size of an American city has now died.

New Orleans is 390k pop

Deaths per month in 2020/2021;

Feb 20 - 1
March - 3768
April - 58,960
May - 42,099
June - 23,416 (reduction from the effect of closures and working from home)
July - 26,164
August - 30,234
Sept - 23,341
Oct - 23,691
Nov - 37,172
Dec - 77,124 (them dadgum holiday get together but muh freedom)
Jan 2021 - 54,166 (as of the 19th)

PhillyPhreak54

Had to take another test today and I have a feeling I've got it this time. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold.

Why am I in this position? Three coworkers are sick. One didn't come in Monday. He called ahead and said he had a sinus infection and wasn't coming in. Two others had the same symptoms. They showed up at work. And my boss didn't send them home. Oh and they both came back into work Tuesday. Finally around 4 yesterday I told the guy to go get tested. He calls me last night to say he's positive.

My boss flips out because "why did they come to work?!" And I'm like why didn't you send them home!!

So we are all having to get tested. The girl who also came in? She's positive (her fiancé is negative though).

I thought I was getting a rapid test today at CVS but they said they didn't have them so I had to do the PCR. I'll see results in 2-3 days.

But I have that feeling that ya get before you get sick. Little itchiness in the back of my throat. Little bit of a runny nose. Little bit of tiredness. Hopefully I'm just trippin and it's nothing.

But got damn...why did they come to work?  And my boss not sending them home was no bueno.

General_Failure