Rate My team..

Started by hbionic, August 27, 2009, 02:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on September 01, 2009, 11:19:05 AM
I'll try my hand at this.

As you all know I normally gloat and strut after my drafts whether my teams are any good or not. My money league team this year, though, has me less than thrilled. As such I'm posting it here to elicit your thoughts and ridicule. The league has 2 RBs, 1 WR, 2 W/T, 1 K, 1 TMD

1.     (2)     Michael Turner
2.    (23)    Calvin Johnson
3.    (26)    Greg Jennings
4.    (47)    Darren McFadden
5.    (50)    Marshawn Lynch
6.    (71)    Matt Ryan
7.    (74)    Knowshon Moreno
8.    (95)    Beanie Wells
9.    (98)    Owen Daniels
10.    (119) San Diego
11.    (122) Chris Chambers
12.    (143) Chad Pennington
13.    (146) Kevin Curtis
14.    (167) Robbie Gould

i don't know which sucks harder.  the type of league you're in or the roster. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

had my final draft last night in my keeper league, 8 teams, keep 4 players (voted down to 3 starting next year and only 1 at each position).  we play 1 qb, 3rb, 3wr, te, k, d, and st

my team:

qb - brees (k)
qb - palmer

rb - gore (k)
rb - chris johnson (k)
rb - ronnie brown
rb - cedric benson
rb - jamal lewis
rb - glenn coffee
rb - jerome harrison

wr - steve smith
wr - TO
wr - braylon edwards
wr - antonio bryant
wr - santana moss
wr - josh morgan
wr - hakeem nicks

te - tony gonzalez
te - chirs cooley

k - jason elam
k - rian lindell

d - green bay
d - pats

st - baltimore
st - green bay

the team who won the league last year is two guys, and only one could make it.  so he's trying to use the computer program that the other guy usually uses to make picks.  you enter each pick in as it's made and the computer tells you the best possible pick at your spot.  well, his spot comes up in the 1st round, and he reads the rankings wrong and picks....Peyton Hillis.  he asked for a re-do, we told him to farg off, and he fumed the rest of the night.  good times.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

I wouldn't expect your WRs to carry your team if I were you
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

it's not a ppr league, and yardage isn't rewarded that much.  it's td focused, so i figured i'm ok have 3 guys who are #1s

Sgt PSN

the only problem with your recievers is that delhomme, edwards and quinn are the qb's throwing to them. 

SunMo

yeah, i hear you on that.  definitely a downfall.

Sgt PSN

thinking about it, since it's not a ppr league, you might not be that bad off.  to and edwards are good red zone targets so they could still catch their fair share of td's this year.   

it's a toss up really.  your recievers could be gold or crap.  the rest of your roster is nice, although you might want to try and add a 4th rb since you play 3 at a time....unless you plan on jam lewis being your bye week back. 

rjs246

This is my money-league team (12 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 WR, 2 W/T, K, D). I literally have no idea what to think of it.

QB: Cutler, Roethlisberger
RB: R. Rice, Forte, Spiller, R. Williams
W/T: Marshall, Jennings, Owens, Celek, Berrian, Breaston
K: Gould
D: Miami

Had an early pick in a 12 man league which led to big gaps between picks...

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Correct. Oops, forgot to include Celek.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I'm not gonna say shtein about your team because who knows.

I like Ricky Williams.

rjs246

I rated Cutler and Forte higher this year working on the assumption that neither of them are actually as bad as they were last year. That whole thing could very easily blow up in my face.

And of course you like Ricky Williams.

Let them eat bootstraps.