07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Troy Glaus is equal in value to Scott Rolen, right?

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 28, 2008, 10:00:34 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 28, 2008, 06:25:06 PMthen signed a real third baseman next year.

Chipper Jones
Troy Glaus
Hank Blalock

that's next year's FA 3B.  Not much to choose from....

They have these thingies called trades now too.

Either way my point stands.  The Phillies didn't get it done in terms of landing Lowell, so they had to settle for Feliz.

Welcome to mediocrity.  Again.

SD_Eagle5

100 wins

My biggest disappointment this offseason was not adding another quality starter. Gillick is big on starting pitching and has been around a while so I figured he'd get creative and be able to do something.

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 29, 2008, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 28, 2008, 06:25:06 PMthen signed a real third baseman next year.

Chipper Jones
Troy Glaus
Hank Blalock

Either way my point stands.  The Phillies didn't get it done in terms of landing Lowell, so they had to settle for Feliz.

Cmon Rome, even if they got Lowell you would be saying how they didn't squat for a pitcher and welcome to mediocrity again.  So either way, they are mediocre with a well-named 3rd baseman or not

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 29, 2008, 08:36:01 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 29, 2008, 08:31:32 AM
100 wins

No.  I'll set the O/U at 88.

Rollins said 100 wins, and I just point that out cause I didn't see a big deal made out of it like when he said they were the team to beat last season.

Right now I'd say over, maybe 90 wins cause of 3 reasons:
1. The NL East got worse
2. No way the bums can suffer more injuries than they did as last season
3. Starting pitching should be better with Myers in the rotation

PoopyfaceMcGee

You are better on a lot of losers to deliver.

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on January 29, 2008, 08:37:55 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 29, 2008, 08:23:05 AM

Chipper Jones
Troy Glaus
Hank Blalock

Cmon Rome, even if they got Lowell you would be saying how they didn't squat for a pitcher and welcome to mediocrity again.  So either way, they are mediocre with a well-named 3rd baseman or not

First of all you don't know what I would post.  Second, the Phillies did improve their pitching in the offseason.  They got Lidge and that moved Myers back to the rotation where he belongs.  So you're wrong about my reaction either way.

And what exactly is so great about winning 88-90 games every year?  You're mediocre when you get to the postseason once in 15 years, reese.  That's the definition of mediocrity.

PhillyPhreak54

Pedro Feliz > Wes Helms/David Bell

When they have Utley, Howard & Rollins in that INF the need for a stud 3B isn't there. All they need is a good defensive guy (Feliz is) who can be decent with the bat.

Settling on Feliz is cool with me.

SunMo

they should sign superstars at every position, that is the only solution
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on January 29, 2008, 09:00:38 AM

The only solution for you is Zyklon-B.

ice grillin you

feliz gets rid of helms and that is a good thing no matter what he does this year...helms is unwatchable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 29, 2008, 09:02:23 AM
Quote from: SunMo on January 29, 2008, 09:00:38 AM

The only solution for you is Zyklon-B.

play by play of the last 30 seconds...

1.  google search "zyklon-b"
2.  loling my lil head off
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 28, 2008, 06:25:06 PM
Two years for that stiff is ridiculous.

This is exactly the type of move that always blows up in their faces.  I would rather them have gone with Dobbs/Helms this year and then signed a real third baseman next year.

farging idiots.

That's idiotic.

Any move that keeps Helms off the field is a good one. Feliz's deal doesn't handcuff anyone, and makes him easily tradable if they find a "real" 3B next offseason. This move is basically replacing Nunez, with a slightly better bat than nunez had.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 29, 2008, 08:51:00 AM
And what exactly is so great about winning 88-90 games every year?  You're mediocre when you get to the postseason once in 15 years, reese.  That's the definition of mediocrity.

Wrong. Making the playoffs once in 15 years isn't mediocre. Are the Detroit Lions mediocre? Are the Arizona Cardinals mediocre? No. Once in 15 years is the definition of atrocious. Abominable even.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.