07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I was referring more to what they've done the last five or six years in terms of mediocre.

ice grillin you

before last season these are the teams that existed in 1993 and hadnt made the mlb playoffs since

toronto
kansas city
milwaukee
pittsburgh
philadelphia
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 29, 2008, 08:23:05 AMThey have these thingies called trades now too.

OK, so that adds who?  Adrian Beltre?  They don't have anything to trade anyway.  They tried to get Lowell but he went back to Boston.

The 25-man roster is pretty much set except for two bullpen spots and the 5th OF.  Looking back on all the junk the 07 Phillies threw out there, it's amazing they were within 10 games of the Mets.  Hopefully the roster is more consistent this year in terms of health...

ice grillin you

BigEd76

hell yeah....2 weeks until spring training

Next Friday is that Meet the Phillies show on CSN

Rome

I'd be more excited if what they did in the offseason made them actual contenders.

They treaded water.  Barely.

And now the Mets are gonna get Santana and leave the Phillies in their dust.

Yay team!

ice grillin you

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 29, 2008, 03:27:19 PM
I'd be more excited if what they did in the offseason made them actual contenders.

They treaded water.  Barely.

And now the Mets are gonna get Santana and leave the Phillies in their dust.

Yay team!

Like last year?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

The Mets paid a high price in prospects to land Santana, agreeing to send the Twins outfielder Carlos Gomez and pitchers Phil Humber, Deolis Guerra and Kevin Mulvey.

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

They also just made themselves head and shoulders better than every other team in the division... (assuming the trade happens).
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

Quote from: rjs246 on January 29, 2008, 04:28:51 PM
They also just made themselves head and shoulders better than every other team in the division... (assuming the trade happens).

Meh

All they do with bringing in Santana was assure they will remain competitive. The rest of their staff is actually worse than the phils.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on January 29, 2008, 04:40:21 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2008-01-29-twins-mets-santana_N.htm

let me know when he can play 2nd base and right field too

I couldn't help but laugh at this:

QuoteThe Twins, meanwhile, would see yet another young star they produced leave the organization. Their Gold Glove outfielder, Torii Hunter, left for the Los Angeles Angels this offseason.

Who are these young stars?  Hunter will be 33 this year and Santana is like 28 or 29.  Both obviously have plenty of good years left but to call either of them "young" is funny to me.  Especially Hunter. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 29, 2008, 04:40:21 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2008-01-29-twins-mets-santana_N.htm

let me know when he can play 2nd base and right field too

castillo is a good second basemen...and church isnt to bad in rf...they certainly arent hurting at those positions

SunMo

castillo is done...he'll miss at least 50 games this year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.