07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I'd rather have Ed Wade than Randy Miller.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 14, 2007, 01:59:33 PM
It's not a rumor.  It was a "would they return?" dream article that said there's zero chance of Rolen ever returning to the Phillies.

your life is a rumor easy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Cameron's absolute garbage.  No fargin' way do I want him in Philly and especially not for Burrell.  Burrell's not irreplaceable and if the right combination of players or cap room allowed for a superior player to be brought in, then I'd be all for his being shipped out. But Mike Cameron certainly isn't the answer.

As for the other moves, I'd agree with Schilling especially if he's healthy.  J.C. Romero is an absolute no-brainer.  Riske would be a good upgrade.  Mark Loretta at 3B? Huh??? NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Enough of this plug and pray bullcrap.  SIGN A REAL THIRD BASEMAN.  If trading Burrell got them Mike Lowell, I'd be fine with an outfield platoon of Werth/Bourn.

Here's what I want (assuming Burrell stays and the Phillies sign Lowell):

1. Rollins - SS
2. Victorino - CF
3. Utley - 2B
4. Howard - 1B
5. Burrell - LF
6. Lowell - 3B
7. Werth/Bourn - RF
8. Ruiz

Rotation: Hamels, Schilling, Myers, Kendrick, Moyer

I'd be fine with a combination or Romero, Madson, Flash & Mathieson although if the Phillies could somehow shoehorn another legitimate major league relief pitcher into the budget, I'd be happier.

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 14, 2007, 08:09:11 PM
Rotation: Hamels, Schilling, Myers, Kendrick, Moyer

What part of "Myers loves being the closer" and "The phils management want him in the pen for good" do you people not understand?

Myers is the closer for the forseeable future.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

I posted "here's what I want." 

What part of that didn't you understand, you farging illiterate douchebag?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

If the Phillies didn't make the postseason this year, this thread is still on page 1 as nobody would give a crap about them for the better part of the next 2 months.  Instead, Romey and Wingspan are trying to out do each other in terms of douche baggery. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 14, 2007, 08:21:13 PM

Does cursing on the internet make your penis bigger?

Plus, you made the (wrong) assumption that I would read your whole post.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Whoa, captain positivity, take it easy.

Rome

Quote from: Wingspan on October 15, 2007, 10:11:36 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 14, 2007, 08:21:13 PM

Does cursing on the internet make your penis bigger?

Plus, you made the (wrong) assumption that I would read your whole post.

Since you make a habit of talking out of your ass on this forum it doesn't surprise me a bit that you wouldn't read an entire post before replying to it.

Bottom line is you're an ignorant blowhard, and your opinions on just about everything are a notch above a talking chimp's.  In the future feel free to either ignore my posts or kill yourself - whichever you prefer.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I could sure go for some flapjacks right about now.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Get that animated as a gif with his hands and head shaking uncontrollably, and you're the winner.

Seriously, though, Wingspan is giving this thread Parkinson's.

SD_Eagle5

Ha, nice mullet. I like his haircut
better here. Gotta give his barber some credit too.