Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

we just hired a guy in philly and he said that Angelo'a pizzeria on 9th is the best cheesesteak in the city right now.

true or no.

ice grillin you

not even close but their square pizza is excellent
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 18, 2021, 06:43:09 PM
not even close but their square pizza is excellent

concur

i thought their sandwiches were mehhhhh and dont get the hype but their pizza is special
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/20/us/tom-garvey-veterans-stadium-living.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage

QuotePHILADELPHIA — Like other Vietnam veterans in the 1970s, Tom Garvey chased one job after another, fending off memories. Unlike other veterans, he says he turned a concession stand in a major American stadium into a place to crash for three years.

The venue was Veterans Stadium, capacity some 60,000, home to two professional teams and, partly, where Philadelphia fans earned an infamous reputation as either the best worst fans or the worst best fans in the United States.

For Mr. Garvey, now 78, it was also a home, a community and a kind of purgatory as he adapted to life after war.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

General_Failure

The accent might be dying off, but wooder is eternal.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 24, 2021, 10:20:56 AM
some of the numbers in this piece are mind boggling

https://www.inquirer.com/zzz-systest/a/heroin-effects-kensington-philadelphia-dealers-violence-20210520.html

Been in some real hellholes when I was in the military but there's still nothing I've seen that compares to Kensington. Allegheny is open drug users all over the street all day. I used to work down the street from k&a in the mid 90's...it was not great and a running joke but users and dealers were brown bag/beer/wire reference trying to hide shtein. Now it's legit hamsterdam. Close one area down they go somewhere else. Violence is only going to get worse.

ice grillin you

we used to get some of the best 2 for 5 shtein on 5th and Lehigh when I was growing up...that was wild ass turf back then...badlands and all that...but to your point it's worse now

phattymatty

MDS

i havent seen a philly weekly in years and had no idea 1) it still existed and 2) became a right wing rag
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

yeah the bad side is basically buying every small independent tv, radio and news station in the country and it's not news because they now own them all.

ice grillin you

MDS