TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

We almost started that last night. It looked good

ice grillin you

im OUT on evil sd....it literally says 'supernatural' in the show description on netflix...i know i said sci fi but i meant like all fake shtein
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 30, 2020, 08:54:17 AM
im OUT on evil sd....it literally says 'supernatural' in the show description on netflix...i know i said sci fi but i meant like all fake shtein

It totes the line of supernatural. That's really the gist of the show. It never crosses the line...maybe a bit towards the end but that's all up to the viewer. If the exorcist is too supernatural for you then yea just pass. It doesn't get good until 4-5 episodes in.

New Mandalorian episode released. It's 54 minutes and awesome

ice grillin you

exorcist was ok but yeah not my style of horror...the scariest stuff is the stuff that could happen in real life or is at least grounded in reality....thats why the strangers is one of the most terrifying things ever put on screen...if evil was a movie id give it a shot...but im not investing 10 hours or whatever in something like that especially when it doesnt even sound like you love it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

It deals heavily in serial killers too

Rome

Grogu is my new favorite name. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on November 30, 2020, 11:11:15 AM
Grogu is my new favorite name.

My wife and son were talking about this last night.   Buncha nerds!  :=)

Rome

This week's episode had Star Wars dorks rubbing 'em out left and right. 

It was really good, though. 

Munson

The Mandalorian continues to be awesome.

I'd bet money on SD having a raging boner after this weeks episode :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

This week's episode was great but last week's was pretty much better than any Star Wars movie other than Empire.

Also - Queen's Gambit is sensational.

Munson

Yeah last weeks was excellent as well. I regret not having watched the clone wars series and rebels now
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

They were good, and you should regret it forever.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on December 04, 2020, 09:46:52 PM
They were good, and you should regret it forever.

This^^^^

Just finished a Cw rewatch...there's not a better sw character than Ahsoka. Her story arc is just amazing and her mic drop moment with the Jedi council is still jaw dropping. I'd rank it just below the OT as best sw. Started a Rebels rewatch last night...it's not near the level of cw but has its moments. It gets carried by the OT big time.

Mando has been great this season. I'm so glad they're bringing Burr's character back. I can't believe they destroyed the Razors Crest.

Disney gets shtein on because the sequels were unnecessary and god awful but they've nailed most everything else. Just keep Filoni around. At some point they need to get away from the skywalker storyline...there's only so much juice you can squeeze from a turnip.

Munson

I really want to give it a watch. I just know I gotta grit my teeth and get through the made for children elements of it.

I really don't mind more skywalker/jedi/sith stuff TBH. Like some people will be mad if Luke is the Jedi that possibly contacted Grogu there, but...I wouldn't. (I also don't think it's Luke at all but still)

SD

Quote from: Munson on December 05, 2020, 03:09:37 PM
I really want to give it a watch. I just know I gotta grit my teeth and get through the made for children elements of it.

I really don't mind more skywalker/jedi/sith stuff TBH. Like some people will be mad if Luke is the Jedi that possibly contacted Grogu there, but...I wouldn't. (I also don't think it's Luke at all but still)

Aside from it being a cartoon there's not much children element to the story...well not anymore than the movies. Every season is fantastic but you need to make it to the last part of season 3...that's when it really takes off.

There's an infinite number of Jedi/Sith storylines to develop.