Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Vick is fixing his life, blah blah blah, horray for 2nd chances, we all make mistakes.  That kind of talk is so 2010.  In 2011 all I give a shtein about is the fact that the guy isn't protecting the football. 

Fix it or get born again with another team. 

Rome

Thank goodness someone FINALLY wrote an in-depth profile of a professional athlete's farged up personal life and subsequent redemption.

MDS

he needs redemption for his zesty game last sunday

and he wont get it

because his team sucks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

if his way to atonement is to turn the ball over for every flea bag he killed then hes well on his way to heaven
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

as an eagle fan what would you trade for andrew luck....id trade pimp....killa....shady and two (maybe 3) number ones

Eagles_Legendz

they're going to have a lot of competition, but if they lose tomorrow i'm all in the suck for luck sweepstakes. 

you know it won't matter though.  if the world ends and they somehow get the first pick, they're trading out of it to like #13 and taking a LB who they think they can convert to DE.

ice grillin you

theres not a chance in hell the get him...they are to good...i was just curious what people would give up for him....the guy is arguably the best qb prospect ever...maybe second to elway...i try to watch him as much as i can every week and my jaw just drops

PhillyPhreak54

Know what would be hilarious?

Trade for Luck and then surround him with slop and an OL coached by a STs coach.

ice grillin you

how about they just get luck and worry about the rest later

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah not gonna happen.

Enjoy the Andy and Howie show, buddy.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Nah I am still riding on the bus. Its bumpy but I don't bail.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

QuoteNew-school Eagles resisting Mudd's old-school style
Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT

When dissecting the offseason decisions made by Eagles coach Andy Reid, most of the attention focuses on Reid's choice to move Juan Castillo from offensive line coach to defensive coordinator.  Apart from the challenges Castillo would face in changing to the other side of the ball (especially during a season in which a looming lockout threatened to — and ultimately did — reduce the window for preparation), the move forced Reid to hire a new offensive line coach.

Reid hired Howard Mudd, who most recently coached the offensive line in Indianapolis from 1998 through 2009.  Though Mudd has a great reputation and years of experience and accomplishments, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that some of the players on offense aren't embracing Mudd's methods.

As the source explained it, it's a classic old-school/new-school generation gap.  The players on the Philadelphia offensive line, along with the rest of the offense, are predominantly young.  Mudd, 69, has been involved in the NFL since before all of them were born.  Then there's the fact that the unit is struggling, which serves only to create and/or increase tensions between the position coach, the offensive linemen, and the other players on offense.

Complicating matters is that Mudd and the players have had limited time to get acquainted, due to the lockout.  They'll been together for roughly 2.5 months, and the team's struggles surely have made it hard for everyone to come together they way they should.

Our advice to the Eagles players?  Buy quickly what Mudd is selling.  The guy knows what he's doing, and if it's not getting done, it's not because his techniques and strategies don't work.

MDS

that shtein is typical when you suck

if they were 4-1 that story wouldnt exist even if it were true
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

It's a typical non-story. The players are young, the coach is old, therefore the offensive line sucks? Silly me, I thought it was just the fact that those players farging suck.

SD

Schefter's reporting Juqua Parker is on the trading block...they're on crack if they think anyone is giving up anything for him. I would have released his ass after last weeks game.

Schefter's also reporting one of DRC or Asante is also on the trading block. Haven't been overly impressed with DRC but I'd still keep him over Asante. I'm done with him.