Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

That means there'll be one player who won't be booed during pregame introductions.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on October 13, 2011, 02:45:51 PM
we all know that 3 rounder wouldn't be used wisely anyway

Exactly.  If nothing else, the Eagles would be trading next year's fastball so that the fans can get 11 more weeks of Dawkins.  Giving up a player we would immediately hate for a player that we've loved for 14 years = fair trade.   

DH

how sad is that??

so, if this happens, its proof that Andy f'd up by A. getting rid of Dawk and B. underrating how important LB's are. Sooooo, shouldn't that mean he should be fired? Please?

DH

btw, total igy talk here, but this trade would be as much to settle the fanbase down as it would be to try to improve the team.

Diomedes

Assuming this isn't bullshtein--not easy to do, I know--why in the world would Denver do this?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

They didn't screw up by getting rid of Dawkins, they screwed up by never finding a suitable replacement. He was almost as bad when he was finishing up here as the slop they put out there now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

DH

agreed 100% but the reaction the fanbase had was over an above any reaction to any player the eagles let go in reid tenure

reese125

who are the toss in players from the eagles that denver is just going to hand us 2 starters for a 3rd?

is there any way we can trade the wide-9 scheme to them?

paco

Quote from: DH on October 13, 2011, 02:35:29 PM
GCobb just reported this..

ESPN's Schefter reporting Eagles offer 3rd round pick to Denver for Dawkins and LB DJ Williams
Holy shtein.  He is taking a Schefter trade idea and posing it as a possible fact?

GCobb just sank to a new level of worthless

The only thing I can think of is, is that he saw the 5 trades Adam Schefter would make segment on ESPN and then regurgitate it to get hits to his webesite.  You know, like PFT 6 years ago.

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on October 13, 2011, 02:50:46 PM
btw, total igy talk here, but this trade would be as much to settle the fanbase down as it would be to try to improve the team.

Probably.  I've already chalked this season up as a loss.  They probably need to go 9-2 to win the division and get into the playoffs.  Wild card ain't coming out of the east this year.   South and North have that taken care of.  And even if Dawk plays like it's 2001 and causes some sort of revival among the team and the Eagles get in, it won't mean shtein when Reid gets out coached again in the first round.  Great coaches can compensate for average talent but it's not very often when great talent can compensate for average coaching.  95 Cowboys might be the exception to that rule. 

So since the season is lost, might as well have our last hoorah with Dawk. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah all of this DJ Williams/Dawk came from a stupid Schefter segment on SportsCenter where they had him give trades that SHOULD happen.

When I saw that I KNEW that someone was going to post it as fact. Congrats, GCobb.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

Why didn't Schefter make it a first rounder? I'm OK with the Eagles giving up next year's Danny Watkins or Brandon Graham if it means getting someone on the D who actually gives a farg.

Sgt PSN

I'm ok with them giving up this year's Danny Watkins and Brandon Graham. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Brandon Graham would end up being a legit OLB for them.