Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 21, 2011, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on September 21, 2011, 01:02:23 PM
It's possible that the team feels Matthews will benefit from not having to call the defense and play read/react quite as much.

i think it more likely has to do with getting him away from the gaps in the wide nine where he often had an olineman on him.....i cant recall the last time ive seen a linebacker who was weaker at getting off blocks than this guy....thats not to say the same thing wont happen at wil (think mark simenou) and i suspect gf is right and that he probably would best serve the team busting up wedges

Insert any Eagles MLB since Reid took over minus Trotter in his prime.  Hell not just MLB pretty much all their LBs that is always a problem with them. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

shorebird

Caney in the middle isn't going to make a whole lot of difference.

ice grillin you

what they should do is try to lure channing crowder out of his one year retirement

or sign lofa tatupu

really what they should have done is signed kirk morrison.....he was available as of late august....but they are too farging stubborn and wanna show their 4th round pick was genius because he can start as a rookie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2011, 07:48:23 AM
what they should do is try to lure channing crowder out of his one year retirement

or sign lofa tatupu

really what they should have done is signed kirk morrison.....he was available as of late august....but they are too farging stubborn and wanna show their 4th round pick was genius because he can start as a rookie

That's really the most maddening thing to me. I could give them a pass if they said "Look, we thought this kid was ready, we were really high on him. It hasn't worked out this year, so we signed XXXXX to make us better there." To them though, signing someone would be an admittance that they were totally wrong on Matthews. So they will move him around and push bullshtein that they always liked him in those spots too. Eventually Rolle or Clayton will be out there and Matthews will be on the bench.

Of all the horrible LBs this team has ever drafted, this Matthews thing is most similar to the buillshtein they did with McCoy.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Zanshin

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 21, 2011, 06:13:13 PM
They made the playoffs in 96, so all is well.  RodneyPeeteRules!

RodneyPeeteCan'tBeBeat.

Munson

Maybe they should just try Casey Anthony at MLB. PG would love that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

reese125

you guys arent even giving this 4th rounder a shot.

rome said give it some time he'll come around.

PhillyPhreak54

Next Thursday night on NFL Network there will be a special on about Reggie and Jerome. Can't wait!

Sgt PSN

Unless it somehow involves a Super Bowl, I already know how it ends.

shorebird

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on September 22, 2011, 08:09:35 AM

or sign lofa tatupu

That's really the most maddening thing to me. I could give them a pass if they said "Look, we thought this kid was ready, we were really high on him. It hasn't worked out this year, so we signed XXXXX to make us better there." To them though, signing someone would be an admittance that they were totally wrong on Matthews. So they will move him around and push bullshtein that they always liked him in those spots too. Eventually Rolle or Clayton will be out there and Matthews will be on the bench.

Of all the horrible LBs this team has ever drafted, this Matthews thing is most similar to the buillshtein they did with McCoy.

For real, this FO is never going to be even half way honest with the media or fans. It's almost like they think we don't deserve it. Like they would be lowering themselves to admit anything to us or to tell us what they actually think instead of a bunch of media safe bullcrap. I can't stand to listen to Reid anymore, if you'd heard him once you've heard him a hundred times.

They move Matthews with the idea that they had it planned before hand anyway, putting Chaney in his spot, well if they thought Chaney was good enough to play there he'd have been there from the start. Same ole' pathwork bullcrap as always. Any one of the players igy mentioned would be twice as good as any player they have right now. With the money they had available it's a crime not to have addressed the linebacking situation. It makes me want to break stuff.

shorebird

I'm really worried about Ahmad Bradshaw. He's borderline pro-bowl caliber, which means he'll probably look like a hall of famer on Sunday. If not for his 7 fumbles last year he'd have probably already made the pro-bowl last year, getting in over Steve Jackson.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles will induct Eric Allen and Jim Johnson into the Honor Roll on October 30th.

Don Ho

or sign lofa tatupu

Correct.  Just the thought of all the defensive busts this FO has drafted makes one sick to their stomach.  Tatupu or Morrison would have been perfect.  Tatupu could be the next Kurt Gouveia who came in here later in his career under Ray Rhodes and had three great years.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.