Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Feva on September 21, 2011, 12:39:49 PM
Just heard Chaney being moved to Mike and Matthews to Will. Anyone else hear this?

Yeah.  Problem with Matthews is that he looks like an OLB, but he's too slow.  That's the main difference between him and Clay....Clay can flat out move.   

Feva

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 21, 2011, 12:55:56 PM
Quote from: Feva on September 21, 2011, 12:39:49 PM
Just heard Chaney being moved to Mike and Matthews to Will. Anyone else hear this?

Yeah.  Problem with Matthews is that he looks like an OLB, but he's too slow.  That's the main difference between him and Clay....Clay can flat out move.

I agree. Chaney's their best cover LB (this past Sunday notwithstanding) and their fastest. Matthews does look pretty slow.

Spads just confirmed the move on Eagles Live.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's possible that the team feels Matthews will benefit from not having to call the defense and play read/react quite as much.

General_Failure

You know what he'd really benefit from? Playing nothing but special teams.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 21, 2011, 01:02:23 PM
It's possible that the team feels Matthews will benefit from not having to call the defense and play read/react quite as much.

i think it more likely has to do with getting him away from the gaps in the wide nine where he often had an olineman on him.....i cant recall the last time ive seen a linebacker who was weaker at getting off blocks than this guy....thats not to say the same thing wont happen at wil (think mark simenou) and i suspect gf is right and that he probably would best serve the team busting up wedges
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Its a start...next step is the bench.

Give Clayton some farging run at WIL

Rome

If anyone can recognize zesty linebacker play, it's the Ikester.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles have allowed 292 rushing yards so far; its the most allowed through week two for them since 1996. Per Reuben Frank

Sgt PSN

They made the playoffs in 96, so all is well.  RodneyPeeteRules!

Munson

I remember going into 1996 being young and impressionable and believing in Rodney Peete, then he tore is knee up and all was lost

How the hell did they make the playoffs that year? Ty Detmer? Koy Detmer?

He was the week 1 starter for the Panthers team that made Thrash and Pinkston their bitches in the NFCCG
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Ty finished the year. In fact, I believe Ty got hurt in the WC loss @ San Fran and Peete came back in. So I guess, technically, Peete finished the season.