Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Several reports have been out that Hanson is on the trading block. Makes sense considering the depth at CB and Marsh looks like he has some talent. I think Lindley is the odd man out. I'll be happy if they get anything for Hanson.

Drunkmasterflex

Wost Manneans is the new RT and Evan Mathis is the starting LG
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

That's the best scenario. I applaud Mudd for trying Dunlap at RT to see what he had but the right side of the line is a train wreck. Hopefully Herremans can make the transition.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

good thing that "all in" means a 7th round pick, an average player coming off of surgery, and a guy with a bad back as your blind side qb protection options
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: SunMo on August 27, 2011, 02:24:33 PM
good thing that "all in" means a 7th round pick, an average player coming off of surgery, and a guy with a bad back as your blind side qb protection options

Can't really fault the Eagles, who else was out there? If Harris were healthy (and yeah, judging from injury history it's a big 'If') he'd have been a possible starter. Justice is average but he gets the job done for the most part, and they drafted a RG in the first round. Not really sure what other options were out there.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SunMo on August 27, 2011, 02:24:33 PM

When you spring for three Pro Bowl corners, there's gonna be some holes. R.I.P. Vick.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah this goes way beyond this "all in" offseason..but you absolutely can still fault the eagles....the watkins pick was bad but other than that they made their own bed long before this off season and it was too late to get out of it this year...i believe they currently have 15 offensive lineman on the roster and exactly two of them are good...herremans and peters...thats pretty much inexcusable

btw has anyone caught the 2010 eagles nfl films yearbook....its such an awesome watch...the shots of vick from the sideline cameras are incredible...it lliterally looks like they are replaying it in fast motion but they arent...vick is so farging fast is sick

and there one shot from the titans game where i believe its ernie sims comes in and trys to literally murder chris johnson

theres also a few new crowd and locker room shots that i hadnt seen....the woof woof locker room seen with andy goin nuts was classic

and of course the section on the giant game....FAP

BigEd76

Yeah watched it this morning and it was good, but for some reason it doesn't mention or show any highlights from the ass-whooping in Washington.....?

General_Failure

That whole game is a highlight. Even picking just a handful of plays, you don't get all the scoring covered.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Drunkmasterflex

Lets hold off on calling the Watkins pick bad until he actually plays a few meaningful games.  Dude did get bitch slapped on Thursday, but he hasn't exactly had a lot of time to learn. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

of course he hasnt....he had never played a down of football in his life as of four years ago

the nfl is not the place to learn football...nor is on a team that is supposed to win the superbowl this year

you want to see if in a few years danny watkins can play pro football then trade him to carolina

SD

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 27, 2011, 03:02:05 PM
Lets hold off on calling the Watkins pick bad until he actually plays a few meaningful games.  Dude did get bitch slapped on Thursday, but he hasn't exactly had a lot of time to learn.

Agreed. I don't know whether he'll be a bust or 10 time pro-bowler but what I do know is he's had about a month to learn how to play in a new system at a higher level.

Drunkmasterflex