Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

No fargin' way. I live in that area (Clay and Belt)...I work off Fairbanks N Houston. You must work for GE or Cameron?

We will have to hit up Jakes for sure.

hbionic

Quote from: mikey418 on August 12, 2011, 03:32:17 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 10, 2011, 03:27:43 PM
Mikey - are you in Houston? How long have you been here?

You talkin' about Jake's Philly Steaks? I've been going there on and off since I got here a couple years ago.

Yup, that's the place.  I moved down here last July but due to traveling for work and some other zesty stuff going on I didn't make it there.  Still don't know the area much - I work off of Clay Rd near the Beltway and live off I-10 near Katy.

Phreak's chick is going to be pissed about this new bromance.

*Phreak, apologies if you are not with your chick anymore or if said chick is currently holding title as fiancee or wifey.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

Haha - we are still together and she is still my chick...fiancée or wife it doesn't matter, chick will always apply.

She will be back home for a few months to visit family anyways so it's all good.

SD

QuoteEagles place Steve Smith on PUP, waived/inj settlement DT Brandon Collier, released QB J.Johnson and DT C.Noonan and sign rookie FA T Spencer Johnson (Utah St)

SD

So check this bullshtein out:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/12/nfl-uses-calvin-johnson-non-td-in-video-explaining-rules-to-players/

QuoteHowever, there is one surprise: At one point in the video, the narrator explains which types of hits are allowed on quarterbacks by saying, "glancing or incidental contact will not be a foul." With that, video is shown of Trent Cole touching the back of Peyton Manning's helmet during last year's Colts-Eagles game. The word "legal" flashes on the screen when that play is shown.

That's a surprise because Cole was flagged for a personal foul on that play, and afterward NFL V.P. of officiating Carl Johnson defended the call. This year, the NFL says, that won't be a penalty. We'll see when the season starts if referees can really resist the temptation to protect star quarterbacks.

reese125

this comment sums it up perfectly:

If a RB "breaks the plane" for a split-second, its a TD without question.

If a WR lands with both feet, elbow, helmet, and a backflip, he has to 'maintain possession through the play'.

ice grillin you

really doesnt sum up anything...the plane in this case is the goal line...which is a completely different animal

not to mention a rb already has control of the ball when crossing said line...the wr is trying to catch it

its really night and day
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

not night and day at all.

bottom line its about maintaining control of the ball that makes it a td. by your theory the rb already has control. well, his ass should have to "maintain" that control of the ball pass the plane all the way to the ground to get a td.

Rome

Classic apples/oranges here.  He had possession going across the goal line = touchdown.  The receiver did not have possession until be controlled it with both hands in bounds with both feet down.

Why would he have to maintain it past the plane?  Pretty sure the point of a plane is self-explanatory, Reese.  Either he breeches it or he doesn't. 

reese125

This is where it is backwards is my point.

QuoteHe had possession going across the goal line = touchdown.  The receiver did not have possession until be controlled it with both hands in bounds with both feet down.

Calvin Johnson already clearly had possession in the end zone. So why doesnt the play stop there and award a TD? Johnson has to hold on to the thing after two rolls while a RB just has to squeak the tip of the ball pass the goal line. They both have possession.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 14, 2011, 09:15:49 PM
Classic apples/oranges here.  He had possession going across the goal line = touchdown.  The receiver did not have possession until be controlled it with both hands in bounds with both feet down.

Why would he have to maintain it past the plane?  Pretty sure the point of a plane is self-explanatory, Reese.  Either he breeches it or he doesn't.

it is pretty simple but reece be reece

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on August 14, 2011, 09:38:11 PM
This is where it is backwards is my point.

QuoteHe had possession going across the goal line = touchdown.  The receiver did not have possession until be controlled it with both hands in bounds with both feet down.

Calvin Johnson already clearly had possession in the end zone. So why doesnt the play stop there and award a TD? Johnson has to hold on to the thing after two rolls while a RB just has to squeak the tip of the ball pass the goal line. They both have possession.

In the field of play a receiver must control the ball thoughout the play until he is ruled down. Same rules apply in the endzone. A rb on the other hand already has established possession when carrying the ball so all he needs to do is break the plane 

So just catching the ball itself is not a catch in the endzone just as it wouldn't be in the field of play. Had CJ held onto the ball it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you