Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

MDS

i dont know if its been mentioned but were getting brennamen/billick for the week 1 game

its the #2 game for the 100 slot, so bar plan accordingly...1 month ahead of time
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Pretty weak NFC lineup for the early game:

Falcons @ Bears
Detroit @ Tampa
Birds @ Rams

Anxiously awaiting the maps.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

lurking wierdo

ice grillin you

Quote from: lurking wierdo on August 10, 2011, 07:46:59 AM
Ho, where do you find those maps?

dont worry about it...the deep south is getting falcons bears
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110810_Paul_Domowitch__Eagles__young_linebackers_will_be_tested.html?page=2&c=y

QuoteThe three players currently at the top of the depth chart - Fokou, second-year strongside linebacker Jamar Chaney and rookie middle linebacker Casey Matthews - have a grand total of 3 years of NFL experience. Collectively, they've got just 19 NFL starts, none at the positions they currently are playing.

So they're taking their MIKE from last season in Chaney - a guy who did a solid job against the run, but was weak against the pass - and moving him to the SAM where he'll have to defend the pass. Taking a rookie WIL and moving him inside, and taking a college SAM and putting him at the WIL. What a clusterfarg. If you have a lack of talent at one position - which the Eagles clearly do - the least you could do is to play to those players strengths instead of their weaknesses. Every year there's something Andy doesn't address, whether it's LCB last season, punt returner, Fullback...any doubt it's LBs this season?

ice grillin you

its basically the linebackers every season altho this year is especially awful

corners better be all that they are advertised and more because the middle of the field is going to be exposed

if you include fokou running around the middle of the field with TE's you have matthews fokou allen and coleman guarding the seams and centerfield

Drunkmasterflex

Matthews was not a WIL at Oregon, unless you are saying that is where you think he should be playing. While I am not exactly overflowing with confidence when it comes to these LBs, I don't know that they can be any worse than what has been out there before. 

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

oh they can be worse...they have an unknown factor which at least leaves a little hope but on paper this is easily their worst set of linebackers ever

shorebird

Quote from: Munson on August 08, 2011, 03:52:32 PM
I don't think it was stillupfront?....I thought it was someone semi-normal that doesn't post here as often anymore...shorebird maybe?

Not me.

I don't post much during the offseason. I've been a member of :CF 99% 'cause of the Eagles and the NFL and not much for other stuff. I don't care were you go on the internet, here is were you can get anything Eagles all the time. It's like everyone is racing Big Ed to see who can post info first. So, in order to make football season complete for the :CF crazies I'll be here more often.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 10, 2011, 07:48:23 AM
Quote from: lurking wierdo on August 10, 2011, 07:46:59 AM
Ho, where do you find those maps?

dont worry about it...the deep south is getting falcons bears

maps wont be out until a week before the game. texans should luck out as the cowboys aurora should give us the birds.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

no shtein, i was talkin bout me

every market that isnt directly tied to philly, stl or det will get the main game.

ice grillin you

thats funny cause i dont recall anyone wondering whether you will get the game or not