Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

No, the difference is...the Skins pick up players because of the name, not the need.

Every one of these signings has been a HUGE need signing.

Also, it's a LOT of 1-yr deals
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

Everyone should stop tip-toeing around the shtein people say. If you say it, farg it, just back it up, no need to be scared about it.

When the Yankees do it, it's ok. When the Heat do it, they are A-Holes.

farg that. When you bring a machine gun to a gun fight, you should feel more confident.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: hbionic on August 03, 2011, 02:19:01 PM
Everyone should stop tip-toeing around the shtein people say. If you say it, farg it, just back it up, no need to be scared about it.

When the Yankees do it, it's ok. When the Heat do it, they are A-Holes.

farg that. When you bring a machine gun to a gun fight, you should feel more confident.

Never bring an unfamiliar gun to a firefight is the point I'm trying to make. It's a ton of brand new faces your are going to depend on to deliver you to the promised land. Given more time to gel and work together I'd be more confident. The Eagles have a much more stable, and obviously better staff in place than the Skins ever did when they did all of their dumbness. I am not concerned the guys they signed aren't talented with many years left in the tank, what I am concerned about is that adding them all at once and expecting to operate like a well oiled machine in a few weeks is risky.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 03, 2011, 02:15:11 PM
Every one of these signings has been a HUGE need signing.

that may be overstating it a bit

babin VY and harris were HUGE need signings....not to say that others werent upgrades or that they were unessecary moves....ironically the biggest signing by far was the one that was least needed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on August 03, 2011, 02:23:39 PM
Never bring an unfamiliar gun to a firefight is the point I'm trying to make.

Gotta take that ish to the range first, amiright brah? 

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 03, 2011, 02:27:31 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on August 03, 2011, 02:23:39 PM
Never bring an unfamiliar gun to a firefight is the point I'm trying to make.

Gotta take that ish to the range first, amiright brah?

motivator
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Drunkmasterflex

You should never take a machine gun to a range! Spray and pray motherfargers!  :fire

The difference between what the Eagles are doing and the Skins is that the Skins try to build through FA. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

And while I agree that the Eagles will need time to gel they usually don't do that til mid-season any way, might as well have some talent to do it with this time. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

lurking wierdo

Tomahawk

DH

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eagles have "some interest" in WR Malcolm Floyd, per Caplan.

reese125

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 04, 2011, 11:29:23 AM
Eagles have "some interest" in WR Malcolm Floyd, per Caplan.

i thought notre dame took him back
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Eskin is reporting Randy Moss is in Philly and is eating at the Capital Grille. Official statement from the Eagles is it has nothing to do with them.