Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

So you can see that what Rome and I are saying is that Matthews should start at MLB and the Eagles def. do not need to add an awesome LB veteran.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 31, 2011, 09:45:08 PM
i said people throwing dirt on his career before he's even taking a farging snap is premature and stupid and it is.

so having an opinion on any player who has never played in the nfl is stupid....gotcha

attention everyone: ignore that draft thing in april so we dont upset romey
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mosher:

QuoteSomething must be up. Reid, Roseman, Lurie and Banner huddling on the field.

They are probably just discussing Asante's return to Lehigh... ?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 01, 2011, 09:26:33 AM
Mosher:

QuoteSomething must be up. Reid, Roseman, Lurie and Banner huddling on the field.

They are probably just discussing Asante's return to Lehigh... ?

Group hug

Drunkmasterflex

Now Bunkley is going to Denver for a 2013 conditional draft pick.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Evidently Bunkley refused to report to Cleveland.

Nice.

The fat worthless piece of shtein started his career by refusing to report and it ended up basically costing him  his entire rookie season.  Now on the way out the door he refuses to report to his new team and it costs the Eagles a pretty decent draft pick.

Die in a fire, motherfarger.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Now they're saying he reported but there was an issue with his physical. Heckert not pleased with the Eagles.

Drunkmasterflex

Les Bowen was wondering how he could fail considering he passed the Eagles physical and were way more familiar with his injury. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Zanshin

"Uncle Owen! This DT unit has a bad motivator."

No idea where I pulled that out out of, but is seemed relatively appropos.

SD

Quote from: Zanshin on August 01, 2011, 08:40:14 PM
"Uncle Owen! This DT unit has a bad motivator."

No idea where I pulled that out out of, but is seemed relatively appropos.

I laughed

SD

Eagles need a backup to Shady. How bout a guy like Ronnie Brown? I know they like smaller quick backs but he's pretty fast for being 230. Doesn't seem like he's getting a ton of interest around the league.

PhillyPhreak54

I would be ok with him. And he can throw it too so that makes Big Red and Marty wet.

But it seems as if the vet RB market hasn't shaken out just yet. Once the price drops we'll see 'em start signing.

I wouldn't mind seeing Harrison back either

Eagaholic

I'd love to see Harrison back. Like Ronnie Brown too (wildkatz!).

With physicals, sometimes it comes down to whether a teams wants a player to pass or fail. That said, I wouldn't think Reid tried to dupe the Browns because they've been trading partners a good bit in the past and Reid knows he'd still has to pass their physical in Cle (without getting a staph infection).

As far as starting Matthews at MLB, it's a bad idea. Or at the very least a very sub-optimal option for many reasons. First, he's a rookie on a short off season trying to learn a defense from a new DC who probably doesn't even know it himself yet and has never coached D. Matthews also should be seen as a leader by the other players and know how to position other newer guys, which isn't possible unless they signed a rookie contract after he did.

As the guy with the green dot, he ideally should be a 3 down LB which means between run stopping and pass coverage he should very good at one and at least adequate in the other, and neither of which we know about yet. It's a lot of pressure and a hell of a lot to ask to know the D, to be a leader, and to be a good all around player as a rookie, regardless of where he was drafted. And being a 4th rounder it will be harder to earn the respect of the other players that a big name early 1st round pick from a big time program would. All that said, I don't think Matthews is really their plan A at mike and they are trying to look at other things.