Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

His knees (both of which have undergone surgery this offseason) are at near-Trotter levels of doneness.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sounds like a good candidate for a 1-year Johnson.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2011, 01:16:18 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 31, 2011, 01:13:18 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2011, 01:03:44 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 31, 2011, 01:02:38 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2011, 12:58:16 PM
would matthews starting opening day be equal to jr reed/greg lewis returning punts against the packers in 07

It would surpass it on the "are you farging kidding me" meter

i think so too...but as far as an on the field level it might not be as bad simply because you can hide a mlb....cant do that for a PR
I don't know...

You can tell a PR to not even field the ball, just let it bounce.

Try to hide a MLB and a good OC starts runnins iso plays to expose him

its really hard to iso a mlb but lets just agree that it would be a relly bad thing for thi kid to start opening day

btw i just realized opening sunday this year is the 10 year anniversary of 9-11....am i the only one who didnt know this?

You might be, yes.

BigEd76

yep.  There were rumors back in January or February that the league was trying to do Giants/Jets for SNF that night but it didn't work out...

Drunkmasterflex

Casey Matthews says he is up to 245....you all care
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

So Matthews hasn't played a down in the NFL yet but we've already decided he's a wasted draft pick and him actually winning the starting job in camp would be the worst thing ever?

Got it.

Drunkmasterflex

He also said he worked out quite a bit with Clay in the off season, hopefully he got on the same HGH regimen.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on July 31, 2011, 02:14:54 PM
So Matthews hasn't played a down in the NFL yet but we've already decided he's a wasted draft pick and him actually winning the starting job in camp would be the worst thing ever?

Got it.

It's not about him winning it. It's about him being the best option right at the start of camp due to the lack of NFL-caliber linebackers on the team. I honestly don't know if he is or can be really good. I just know that if he were already good enough to be the starting MLB on a Super Bowl team, he probably would have been drafted before the 4th.

MMH

The problem is year was the lockout.  He hasn't even had time to assimilate anything, and his first game is a month from now.

I think expecting anything from any rookie this season is asking a lot, esp for Matthews if they are counting on him to call the defense.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on July 31, 2011, 02:18:46 PM
He also said he worked out quite a bit with Clay in the off season, hopefully he got on the same HGH regimen.

lol

if matthews was a first round pick i think wed all be optimistic but still cautious....the fact that hes a fourth rounder and expected to run a defense is whats scary...especially with banner incs track record of drafting linebackers

but as long as romey feels good we all should too
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Well, Castillo is going to dumb the system down a lot, right?  Matthews should do fine.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

So what is the plan at linebacker? I was assuming they'd add a guy like Barnett but now he's gone. And I know they don't value the LB position but they can't possibly be planning to go into a season with Chaney/Fokou/Jordan/Clayton/Matthews can they?

ice grillin you

you wouldnt think so right?

howie was pimping clayton all offseason so unless he sucks in camp im guessing hes got one spot

the other two who the hell knows

SD

Maybe they're planning on playing nickle as their base D and matching DRC up with TEs.

ice grillin you

4-2-5

could be possible especially because drc is 6-2....but physical he is not