Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

its not the first time a reporter has done something like that and it wont be the last

what what
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

MDS chasing thai delivery boy after thai delivery boy has given up trying to find back-house said resident journalist lives in?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

"We've really already split up assignments," Banner said Thursday after owners voted to approve a proposed new collective bargaining agreement. "We will begin engaging with multiple people right away."

Some deals may take a few days, some ideas may die out very quickly, and others might come together within hours, Banner said.

"None of this can take very long," Banner said, referring to the compressed schedule cramming together free agency, training camp, and preseason games as a result of the NFL's lockout. It's not clear exactly when teams will be able to begin signing free agents - it all hinges on if or how quickly players ratify the proposed labor deal.

Whenever a labor deal is approved by both sides, the NFL time line calls for an initial period when teams can re-sign their own free agents and sign draft picks. In that same window, they can discuss trades and talk to other teams' free agents but not complete any deals until another several days have passed.

"If we had our dream outcome, we know what that is," Banner said. "The reality is 31 other teams will compete to disrupt our plan, so we won't be just calling one person that we're focused on."

Added team owner Jeffrey Lurie, "We're in a good position to make quality moves that we think will really help the team. You never know how it's going to play out, but we're a team that's very optimistic of what we can immediately accomplish."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Shawn Andrews. Think there is any chance they bring him for a look at the back?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhanInDC

Fits the MO. Can bring him back real cheap, if the back checks out, and he's on his meds. Especially if Justice isn't healthy.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Where was Ed with this shtein?!?

Rookies assigned their numbers!

Looks like the punter named Henry will indeed wear #8, and E.W. will probably buy that jersey (from China, on the cheap).

SunMo

Eagles are supposedly in the top 3 destinations for Sproles.

how many farging midget rbs does this team need?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhanInDC

I'd be happy as shtein with Sproles. The rest of the guys short of McCoy can then go pound sand.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Maybe they're trying to send DeSean a message that he's not the only small, fast guy on the team... and thus is worth much less than he thought. Let's see how this pans out.

Oh, and Babin cannot report to camp until August 4. All FA signings and trade acquisitions that receive a new contract have to wait to report due to the CBA. So, if they can wrap up Jackson by then, it would be convenient.

PhillyPhanInDC

Vick, Eagles in initial stages of contract talks
Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2011, 2:25 PM EDT
MichaelVickGetty Getty Images

It has been widely believed that the Eagles won't do a long-term deal with quarterback Mike Vick until later in the season, after they see whether he will continue to play in 2011 like he played in 2010.

Though it's possible that the deal won't be done until the regular season has commenced, the talks have at least begun.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that initial conversations have occurred.  The content of those discussions, and the timeline for a potential resolution, isn't known.

The fact that Vick's one-year contract — and thus his one-year cap number — currently sits at $16 million could be nudging the Eagles toward an extension that would count less against the $123 million minimum in 2011.  (The official salary cap is $120 million per team, but each team can choose to go over the limit by $3 million this year, so the real cap is $123 million.)

At a time when players like receiver DeSean Jackson are looking for long-term deals, extending Vick's contract would be an easy way to create cap room.  The real question is whether the Eagles need to see more from Vick before they'll be comfortable with giving him even more money.

SunMo

i'd be fine with sproles in theory, but how will they utilize him?  shady is already a very good receiver out of the backfield.  and they never run the ball anyway.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

they want to throw fastballs at the defense. Reverse psychology