Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: reese125 on July 22, 2011, 10:55:31 AM
Difference is Williams no doubt has over the top help from the safety. They are not leaving a Plax one-on-one in the end zone like that late in the game.

And leave someone like Jackson or Maclin one-on-one? I'd take that.

Quote from: reese125 on July 22, 2011, 10:55:31 AM
When its Riley Cooper the corner can step to the side, give him a high five as he goes by him and wish him good luck because he still ain't catching it.

You don't think Cooper would have caught that ball if Williams wasn't there? He's not awful, he's just not the same kind of weapon Plax could be.

Munson

I think cooper would have caught the ball if it wasnt' a perfect throw to the CB
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

I like the idea of Burress on the Eagles, for most all the reasons stated before. I keep looking back at the Giants when they won the Superbowl, Plax played almost the entire season on a bum ankle and was still the best wr on the team. Say what you want about him being older and not having played, he's still a tough s.o.b. and could definatly help the Eagles. I do though wonder what kind of shape he's in and how long it would take him to get in a groove.

MDS

something to this effect was posted...but

QuoteUgh.

Let me repeat that.

Ugh.

Howard Eskin of WIP radio in Philly reports that the Eagles could quarterback Brett Favre as a backup to Mike Vick, after Kevin Kolb is shipped out of town.

Sources told Eskin, who serves as a sideline reporter for the team's radio broadcasts, that it's "possible" the Eagles will sign Favre.

The move would reunite Favre with Andy Reid, who was an assistant with the Packers before becoming a head coach in 1999.

There was a rumor making the rounds last week that Favre had approached the Seahawks about possibly becoming the successor to Matt Hasselbeck, a move that makes sense given the arrival of former Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell as offensive coordinator.  The Seahawks supposedly declined.  (The Seahawks privately are denying that any of this happened.)

In Philly, Favre would be the safety valve in the event Mike Vick gets injured or regresses.  And it would give Favre another chance to ride off into the sunset with a Lombardi Trophy in his pocket, even if he has to pry it from Mike Vick's hands.

and now from mclane's twitter:

. that "a lot of things would need to fall into place" for it to happen. BTW, there's was never a denial about the #Eagles' interest.

I'm not discounting @howardeskin report about #Eagles interest in Brett Favre. But a team source told me it's still a "long shot" and ...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

if this somehow happens then gargano is a god....he called this in february or march
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

I'd rather have TO AND Mcnabb back then have Favre

PhillyGirl

farg everyone after reading the last page of this thread.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

yeah i read like two posts and stopped...are we comparing plex to riley cooper? farg riley cooper and his stupid face.

i will bet money plex (plax?) is on the eagles by opening day. and he will score 8 TDs.

Zanshin

But how many of those TDs does farve throw to him?

PhillyGirl

no, you idiots. Talking about Brett Favre. farg you all.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

true or false:

you only dislike him because he has a small, ugly penis?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.