Quote from: Diomedes on July 16, 2011, 01:07:48 PM
not.

what!?

i was just about ask what weekend was the cf lehigh get together happening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Practice.  We talkin about practice, man.  Practice!

ice grillin you

i was just reading that mjg currently weighs 315 lbs.

who knows if it will help his play but thats pretty damn impressive considering where he came from

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Didinger

http://www.csnphilly.com/07/21/11/bDidingers-Mailbagb-Would-Burress-fit-wi/landing_insider_didinger.html?blockID=542641&feedID=2227

QuoteAnswering your questions and commenting on your comments, here is Thursday's dip into the mailbag.

Q. Do you believe the hype that Plaxico Burress is coming to the Eagles? Do you think he can still be a major contributor or will his role be diminished to that of a situational player?

-- Ed Liberati

A. I spoke to several NFL people recently who made it sound like Burress to the Eagles is a done deal. The buzz is that strong. Personally, I don't see it. I don't think it is a fit for either side.

The Eagles don't need another receiver. They have DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant and Riley Cooper. At best, Burress would be No. 4. And I'm sure whatever contract Burress works out will have incentive clauses based on number of catches. Well, how many balls does he figure to catch in this offense? Not many. So it doesn't make a lot of sense from his side either.

It is a long shot Burress ever regains his big-time status. He will spend this season just getting back into shape and regaining his timing. The fact he won't have much time to assimilate into his new team because of the lockout only complicates matters. And let's say he uses this year to regain his legs: he will be 35 next year. How many rusty 35-year-olds are playing wide receiver in the NFL?

In fairness, I was one of the skeptics who felt the Eagles' signing of Michael Vick was folly. Clearly I was wrong. Vick has resurrected his career in ways I never thought possible. Maybe I'll be wrong on Burress, too. I just think his best shot would be with St. Louis, Chicago or Oakland, teams that need a receiver. The Eagles don't.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Who cares about Plaxico Burress? Total non story unless you're obsessed with the Dan Snyder method of running a team. If they sign him great, if not great. How many fourth WRs are that old and utterly incapable of contributing on special teams? I jet can't get excited one way or the other.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

I prefer the trio of Pimp/Maclin/Avant and let Cooper continue to develop.

SunMo

cooper sucks...sean morey take 2

i'll take the guy who knows how to go up and get the ball in the red zone.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Morey turned out to be a good player on STs; perhaps Billy McMullen would be a better flop to compare him to...

But I understand the point - I think Maclin can be a good RZ target though

ice grillin you

theres the chance that plax is completely finished and his time away sapped him of everything he ahd but if hes even 50% of what he was you def do it

not just red zone like sunny said but as a safety net for vick...we all know how bad the line was last year and we all know how vick can extend plays...with a big wr like plax who can go up and get a ball he would be perfect for those breakdown plays to give the option of throwing one up and having a guy on the team that can go get it

if they deem hes cooked in camp then you simply cut him...this really is a no brainer

SD

^Agreed

I'm not breaking the bank for him but if they paid him $2 million and he can contribute it really is a no-brainer. He adds a different element to the offense, they don't have that player that can go up and snatch a ball.

DH

I said this a few weeks back and I'll say it again - if Plax was the man in the endzone against GB instead of Cooper, he either catches that pass or deflects it from away from Tramon Williams. I'm officially on board.

reese125

Difference is Williams no doubt has over the top help from the safety. They are not leaving a Plax one-on-one in the end zone like that late in the game.

When its Riley Cooper the corner can step to the side, give him a high five as he goes by him and wish him good luck because he still ain't catching it.