Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'd gladly take whatever shtein they'd dish out over winning a Super Bowl after an abbreviated season.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on June 12, 2011, 07:09:58 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on June 12, 2011, 05:35:00 PM
Quote from: SD on June 12, 2011, 04:34:28 PM
Question we were tossing around at the bar last night: If the season were only 8 games and the Eagles won the Superbowl, would you be satisfied?

Great question.  Like Rome, I'm old enough to have seen the Flyers, Sixers and Bums win world championships.  Birds are the only void.  Desperate and would take it but having that * next to their name would suck and we'd never hear the end of it especially with Dallas, Washington and Gmen with numerous SB championships.

You can scratch the Skins off that list, sure they've won 3, but one was during a 9 game season.

And one of their other wins was helped along by the ScabSkins going 3-0.

No one seems to hold these against the Skins anymore, so I guess it would be worth it for the Birds to get a shortened season win.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Don Ho

Don't get me started on Colt Brennan.  I wish this town would just concede that he will never be on an NFL roster and he was the classic product of the system.  He is on his way to play for Hartford in the UFL or whatever the hell it's called.

Just seeing Reno cracked me up.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on June 12, 2011, 04:34:28 PM
Question we were tossing around at the bar last night: If the season were only 8 games and the Eagles won the Superbowl, would you be satisfied?

i still feel incomplete about the phillies winning a rain delayed world series against a zesty team from a city that shouldnt even have  baseball.....so you can imagine how id feel about a strike shortened supeerbowl win
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEagles "loading up and going for it" when lockout ends
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 15, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
H. Roseman AP

The Eagles aren't even trying to contain their excitement about their plan for when the lockout ends.

Following comments from owner Jeffrey Lurie and coach Andy Reid about being aggressive in free agency, G.M. Howie Roseman and an unnamed source made it clear to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports that the Eagles are ready to make big moves.

"This is the year," one source told Silver. "We think we have a great shot to win it, and we're loading up and going for it."

Roseman added he was "ready for some action – right now."

So what might that action consist of?  Silver's source believes Albert Haynesworth is near the top of the list.

"[Defensive line coach Jim Washburn] is convinced he can get the most out of Haynesworth," the Eagles source said. "He wants him badly."

Also on the wishlist: Reid reportedly "loves" the idea of adding Plaxico Burress.  Reggie Bush was a player that interested the Eagles earlier in the offseason, although Bush may not want to be a backup there to LeSean McCoy and the team drafted scatback Dion Lewis.

"I think there are going to be a lot of opportunities in front of us, players looking for short-term deals who want to win a championship," Roseman told Silver. "Any good player that we think can help our team, we're going to take a hard look at."

Roseman expects a "frenzy" of action when the league returns, rewarding the most aggressive and prepared teams.  It's safe to expect the Eagles to be in the middle of the fun.

No thanks on Haynesworth

F Reggie Bush

Sign Nnamdi Asomugha

QuoteBuried in Silver's article is news of taterskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth's reaction to recent radio remarks from defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.  Per Silver, Haynesworth is "very, very [angry]" about the comments.  Haynesworth disputes the accuracy of the observations, and he is even more committed to not playing for the taterskins.

Appearing last week on 101 ESPN radio in St. Louis, Haslett criticized Haynesworth for refusing to listen to the team's coaches.   "He can do almost anything he wants. He doesn't want to do anything.  To me that's the issue," Haslett said. "He's one of those guys you walk in a meeting and you tell him, 'Put down the phone.'  The next day you have to tell him to put down the phone.  The next day, you tell him to put down the phone.

"You tell him, 'Don't read the newspaper in meetings.'  The next day you have to tell him the same thing.  It doesn't stick; it's an every-day thing."

Silver mentions Haynesworth in an Eagles article because his former position coach in Tennessee, Jim Washburn, is now the defensive line coach in Philly.  Per Silver, Washburn is hoping for a reunion.

MDS

i cant until they get fat albert and your head explodes

it would be nothing but awesome and deep down inside your prideful, stubborn texas soul you know it

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Yes on Haynesworth, Bush, Asamugha & Burress.

And YES! on Jay's head exploding.

:D

shorebird

Wait...let me get my...BAM! Oh crap...better call the ampalamps!!

phattymatty

how could anyone not want reggie bush?

i'd love him on this team.

General_Failure

I'd take them all. The worst that happens is they don't play. Oh no!

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Bush sucks as an NFL running back, but I see very little risk in signing him. He'll return punts to lighten DeSean's load or something. Actually, who even knows if he'd do that. Basically he'd ride the pine and get 7 or 8 touches a game and be out of the league in two years. EXCITEMENT.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.