Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

It's not an either/or; it's both. Rosenhaus has a long bad track record as well, though probably most of his worst was behind the scenes and unknown to us, where Owens craved a spotlight even for the worst of things. They brought out the worst qualities in each other, but Rosenhaus did it with calculating manipulation.

ice grillin you

no one has a long track record of people acting like TO did with the eagles because no one has ever done it before

i think you are confusing simple business decisions and/or holdouts with what TO does...TO takes it from a business manuever to a personal one by throwing teammates and franchises under the bus...

i dont know of rosenpimp clients having a track record of even holding out at a higher % than other agents clients much less of having players do what TO did...people hate drew because he is cocky and puts himself in the spotlight compared to other agents who stay behind the scenes...but as far as how his clients act its no different than any other agents...i mean does anyone even know who chad speck is?...probably not...hes albert haynesworths agent...is he to blame for what his player did...is he a devil just like DR?...of course not...difference is no one has ever heard of him where as drew is straight hollywood so haters hate

it should also be noted that there is nothing wrong with a player holding out provided he has a decent case...you cant act like a player or his agent is a bad seed just because they hold out...its their only response to teams cutting a player because they underperformed or are too old in their mind
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

lurking wierdo

Look, the agent's goal is different than ours. His job is to maximize the amount of money his client makes. His job is not to win games, unless that is dictated by his client. He will. of course, try to influence his client to go for the money, it's how he puts meat on the table. Put yourself in his shoes.

Eagaholic

They are both supreme douchebags, it's not an either/or situation, and it would be silly and pointless to try and argue who is more of a db.

Rome

Rosenhaus is a blood sucking parasite who exploits the talents of predominantly young black men.

I'm sure there's irony to be found in IGY and Stillupfront both heaping praise on him for doing that.

ice grillin you

actually its the exact opposite...young black kids go to him because he truly cares or at least puts on the appearance of caring...hes definitely got some illness in him...if he wasnt so beloved and good at what he does he wouldnt have ten times more clients than any other agent

just admit you are jealous of him and we can all move on

DH

That POS (Owens) was fragile from the second he stepped foot on a field in Frisco, and Rosenhaus had him on his radar from that point on - and probably long before. Granted, the post-SB shtein that happened began with a different agent at TO's side, but I don't understand how anyone can believe that how it all went down, from training camp to his release, was not at all, a product of TO's relationship with DR.

From the second DR was hired, all TO heard from him was how he courageously caught 9 balls on a broken and torn up ankle for a team who wanted to rule him out of the game in the first place. He never cared about Owens' career or a potential ring. He cared about his own reputation and getting himself paid. Reid, Banner and Co may collectively be the reason why this team didn't win at least 1 SB during the last era of this team, but Rosenhaus is reason #2.  

lurking wierdo

Quote from: DH on June 07, 2011, 01:49:40 PM
That POS (Owens) was fragile from the second he stepped foot on a field in Frisco, and Rosenhaus had him on his radar from that point on - and probably long before. Granted, the post-SB shtein that happened began with a different agent at TO's side, but I don't understand how anyone can believe that how it all went down, from training camp to his release, was not at all, a product of TO's relationship with DR.

From the second DR was hired, all TO heard from him was how he courageously caught 9 balls on a broken and torn up ankle for a team who wanted to rule him out of the game in the first place. He never cared about Owens' career or a potential ring. He cared about his own reputation and getting himself paid. Reid, Banner and Co may collectively be the reason why this team didn't win at least 1 SB during the last era of this team, but Rosenhaus is reason #2. 

Don't you work for a living? Isn't this why you work?

DH

Sure, and I have clients much like DR does. I make decisions based on how it will best impact my clients bottom line. Based strictly on that principle, DR failed with Owens, essentially tearing up a 7Y/49M deal with the Eagles for a 3Y/25M with Dallas. 

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2011, 01:47:06 PM
actually its the exact opposite...young black kids go to him because he truly cares or at least puts on the appearance of caring...hes definitely got some illness in him...if he wasnt so beloved and good at what he does he wouldnt have ten times more clients than any other agent

just admit you are jealous of him and we can all move on

Why would I be jealous of someone I find reprehensible?

He's a piece of shtein who takes advantage of ignorant young kids for his own gratification.  Again, not shocking that you miss the irony in that. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on June 07, 2011, 01:49:40 PM
but I don't understand how anyone can believe that how it all went down, from training camp to his release, was not at all, a product of TO's relationship with DR.

because TO has done that his whole career....before and after rosenpimp...where as rosenpimp has zero history of having any clients having ever done something like that

TO has deep seated emotional and psychological issues that go way beyond whoever his agent may be...i dont think rosenpimp has anything more to do with what TO does as chad speck does with what haynesworth does

and its not even like im a TO hater...id take him all over again in a heartbeat....just as i wouldnt hesitate to sign a DR client as well...altho if you ask me who would i be more afraid of it would be TO by far

lurking wierdo

Quote from: DH on June 07, 2011, 01:56:28 PM
Sure, and I have clients much like DR does. I make decisions based on how it will best impact my clients bottom line. Based strictly on that principle, DR failed with Owens, essentially tearing up a 7Y/49M deal with the Eagles for a 3Y/25M with Dallas. 

BUT! Owens was already signed to the Eagles deal prior to hiring Rosenhaus. I believe, that means TO's former agent got that payday. By getting a new deal for Owens, Rosenhaus made bank that would have gone to his predecessor. Look, I am really not defending him here, I just look at it from other than a fan's POV. As a fan, I am sickened by him. Like IGY though, I believe TO was the one with the issues (he really seems to have a mental disorder), not Rosenhaus.

DH

Quote from: lurking wierdo on June 07, 2011, 03:04:54 PM
By getting a new deal for Owens, Rosenhaus made bank that would have gone to his predecessor.

Um, yea, exactly. As I already said, he cared more for his own wallet than he did of his clients. Had he advised Owens (and Owens listened) to play out his current deal with the Eagles (which was 1 year old..), Drew would not have made a dime.

lurking wierdo

Quote from: DH on June 07, 2011, 04:38:00 PM
Quote from: lurking wierdo on June 07, 2011, 03:04:54 PM
By getting a new deal for Owens, Rosenhaus made bank that would have gone to his predecessor.

Um, yea, exactly. As I already said, he cared more for his own wallet than he did of his clients. Had he advised Owens (and Owens listened) to play out his current deal with the Eagles (which was 1 year old..), Drew would not have made a dime.
I don't know about you, but I never work for free.

DH

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2011, 02:18:51 PM

because TO has done that his whole career

Nothing TO did prior to his relationship with DR came close to the charade he pulled with him. Up until that point, what did he do that can compare? Yelling at Garcia in SF? Taking a pen out of his shoe on MNF? Pom poms to celebrate?

Don't get me wrong - if my son was stud college baller, I'd look into hiring him for representation, but his actions started the motion on the awful 05' season. Without him, I've always felt the Eagles would have been SB40 champions.