Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

QuoteNOT BUYING THE BURRESS RUMOR

You'll likely see this Plaxico Burress rumor somewhere today, so I thought I'd at least mention it.

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News writes that he's "heard" the Eagles will "eventually be first in line" for Burress' services once he's released from prison on June 6:

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and coach Andy Reid, having already been through the post-prison experience with Vick, might be in a better position to handle any public backlash about adding another former inmate. They could also help Burress with his transition back to the NFL. Putting Burress with DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin would give Vick plenty of options.

While I'll never rule anything out with the Eagles, I have a tough time seeing Burress as a good fit.

They are obviously set with their top two receivers for the next few years, assuming DeSean Jackson agrees to a new deal. Jeremy Maclin is signed through 2013.

Jason Avant has proven to be a very good slot guy and is under contract through 2014.

Could the Eagles benefit from having a big receiver? Sure. But I think they want Riley Cooper to emerge as that guy. Cooper will likely never be the receiver Burress was in his prime, but Burress won't be in his prime when he returns to the field. He turns 34 in August, and I just can't see him having much of a role with the Eagles.

I know some will make the argument that the Birds need a big target in the red zone, but remember, Maclin had seven red-zone scores last season and looked more than capable of getting open in tight space.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/T-Coles-rank-as-a-playmaker.html#ixzz1N8BUNdZd
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

reese125

sounds to me like gary is pleading for the giants to hurry up and re-sign him before the ex-con trend setting eagles do.

Rome

I saw the Burress rumor and actually laughed out loud.

No.

Freaking.

Way.

reese125

rome that miniature avatar is pissing me off to no end because I cant see that chicks tits.

Sgt PSN

If the Eagles needed a receiver, I'd be fine with it.  But there isn't a signing in the world that would make less sense than the Eagles going after him right now. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on May 22, 2011, 08:38:24 PM
rome that miniature avatar is pissing me off to no end because I cant see that chicks tits.

There's a bigger version of it in the booze thread that will piss you off even more.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Rome

I love the bit at the end where it looks like she might hurl.  Either that or she just swallowed a huge shot of my semen.

Sgt PSN

I love the bit where the stupid site you hot linked it from occasionally blocks the image.

Rome

That's why I saved it to Photobucket, you cranky bastid.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Are you really comparing Cheddar Bob to Carruth? 

BigEd76