Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

You'd shag a stick figure, wouldn't you?  Farging stick figure lover. 

MDS

QuoteWhen Ross Tucker was on PFT Live earlier this week, he made the case that Eagles fans don't appreciate the current run of success the team is having.  He called the Andy Reid era the "glory days" of the franchise, something we've often thought.

"There's something to be said for winning the whole thing," CSNPhilly.com's Ray Didinger told  Thursday.  "It's been 51 years since you won a championship. . . . When every year ends the same, you stop being happy about it."

While the Eagles have easily been the best team in the division over the last decade, they don't have any titles to show for it.  We've often thought Eagles fans have been spoiled by success, but Didinger makes a compelling case.

"When you come from the NFC East . . . And you look around.  The Dallas Cowboys have five Lombardi trophies, the Giants have three Lombardi trophies, the taterskins have three Lombardi trophies . . . the Eagles, not so much."

Head to the video player for Didinger's takes on a Kevin Kolb trade, Michael Vick's future, and Reid's magic touch with quarterbacks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

DH

Eagles Will Roll Out Mobile App Designed Around NFL Draft  By Daniel Kaplan, Staff Writer, SportsBusiness Journal

The Eagles on Monday plan to unveil an app designed around its draft, which the club believes is the first of its kind. The free app, already available on Droid and soon on the iPhone, will provide alerts of Eagles draft picks; show which picks remain on the board based on NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock's "Big Board;" a live feed of all player picks; a social media function; news stories; a shoppping link; and a video feed of PhiladelphiaEagles.com. The app was developed by Jarvus Innovations. The NFL Draft is April 28-30.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

wouldnt anyone who is that interested in the draft be watching it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Rome

Thursday is my birthday so I expect to get drunk and sober roughly five times that day.

Diomedes

If I'm counting right, that would call for four naps, right?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DH

Quote from: SunMo on April 15, 2011, 03:58:42 PM
just checked the droid market and don't see it

have you tried since lst week? ive had it downloaded since then and have had no problems with it...to be honest though, the info is nothing that you couldnt just get from any draft site, pe.com or wherever.

DH

im heavily reading between the lines here, but im going to guess thats a sign a deal is near. no way they would give up the chance to make a few extra bucks.

ice grillin you

its still a month and a half before theyd be giving up anything....my guess is that they are terrified of the fact that they are completely off the radar right now and they are realizing this more and more the closer the draft gets so they figure its time for desperation and are throwing a PR bone out there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

There won't be any missed games except maybe preseason.

DH

^ i dont understand this way of thinking..by saying preseason games will be missed, youre essentially assuming the lockout ends around august 15. if thats the case, that leaves 27 days before kickoff, which means each team has 27 days to sign all its draft picks, free agents, etc. there's no way that can happen...imo, the only way no games are missed (pre and reg) is if this thing is worked out by mid-june.