Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 11, 2011, 06:07:14 PM
but what are you going to investigate in this case?

The biggest problem I have with the whole thing is that teams are requiring their STH's to pay for tickets to see games that are currently not set to be played.  Why they are able to charge for a service that they are not certain they can provide is ludacris.  It would be like a real estate developer selling time shares on the moon. 

As it stands right now, there is no NFL season in 2011.  There will be if they come to an agreement on a new CBA but until that happens, there is no season.  I just don't understand how you can charge consumers for a product or service that (at the time of the transaction) you are unable to provide. 

ice grillin you

the games are set to be played....the nfl schedule is set to come out in a couple weeks...until games are officially postponed or cancelled everything is set to go as normal

the interest thing is bullshtein but asking for money i dont think is out of line...as long as it is refundable once games are cancelled...and it is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 11, 2011, 06:25:24 PM
the games are set to be played....the nfl schedule is set to come out in a couple weeks...until games are officially postponed or cancelled everything is set to go as normal

I don't look at it that way.  To me, the season is canceled until a new CBA is agreed to.  That's how I look at it.  If I'm a farmer in the middle of a drought with no crops, I can't charge people for food and tell them it'll be ready in a couple of months after I get some rain.

And I'm not saying that the Eagles shouldn't still require some sort of down payment on season tickets.  But they are still operating under their normal business proceedures when they aren't conducting normal business.   So why not drastically reduce the amount required to hold the tickets until the CBA is resolved and then hit the fans up for their cash?  If it were me, I'd feel very uncomfortable giving them (or anyone) a few hundred bucks when they can't guarantee me that I get to use the tickets this year.   

the interest thing is bullshtein but asking for money i dont think is out of line...as long as it is refundable once games are cancelled...and it is
[/quote]

ice grillin you

you dont need a new cba for games to be played...if a judge agrees that a lockout is illegal everything falls back under the old system

i dont necessarily disagree that there could be more customer friendly ways to do this but i also dont think what they are doing is wrong (other than the june start date for the interest)

Sgt PSN

The judge thing is another possibility, but how long would that last?  For this season?  And there's still no guarantee that the judge will side with the players.  All I'm saying is that right now, there's no football.  No practice, no activity at the Nova Care.....nothing and there is no guarantee that there will be. 

This is why I'd make a terrible businessman though because in order to get ahead in this world you have to be shady and that's just not my style when it comes to this stuff.  My conscience wouldn't allow me to collect that much money for football game tickets when there's some uncertainty over whether or not they'll be played. 

Like I said, I'd be cool with it if they wanted like $100 to hold your tickets until a new deal is reached (or if the judge rules for the players) and then charge people the remainder minus the interest that was earned on that $100.  So for the sake of argument, tix are $1000 and I put down $100 to hold them.  3 months from now the season is back on and I need to pay the $900 balance.  But during those 3 months my $100 earned $3 interest.  My remaining balance owed should be $897.

Either I just don't understand business or I'm too nice, but that's how I would do it if I ran a team.  You should probably be thankful that I don't. 

QB Eagles

There's really no reason to assume the season is going to be abbreviated or cancelled because there's a lockout in early April. Of course it's a possibility that the season will be affected, but it's way too early in the game to get it in your head that there won't be NFL football in 2011. As of now, it's just causing a farged-up beginning to the offseason. Unlike growing crops, the CBA could be done in a day if it had to be. Most of the people involved expect and want the season to be played. I think the season will be played whether there is an injunction or not.

If things are still like this in August, with no signs of moving toward a CBA, that will represent a major deterioration of the situation, and that's when it makes sense for people to start making moves like the season is not assured.

Eagaholic

Personally, I hope there is no season and everything just goes up in one mega mushroom cloud of douchebaggery. That way everyone gets what they deserve.

DH

bottom line, I don't like being taken advantage of, and that goes 1000X when it comes to something like eagles football which I care so deeply for. time and again, I've invested time, money and emotion into this team with nothing to show in return. so now, in a dark hour for NFL ownership, lurie has a chance to befriend the fans who pay for it all, but instead he decides, once again, to drill us right up the ass.  

one thing I can finally agree on is banner, lurie and co. are scum of the earth - and I did not feel that way 3 months ago.

Diomedes

another thing you can agree on is that no matter how hard they ream your dumb ass, you'll pay cash money...you'll pay whatever they charge

you are the problem
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DH

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: DH on April 11, 2011, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2011, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: DH on April 08, 2011, 04:20:04 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on April 08, 2011, 10:48:07 AM
They also have the 2004 losers trophy in a glass display in the lobby.

farging losers

lol...i dont know if theres anyone i personally know that hates the eagles more than DH right now....and trust me i know some true haters

My hatred is mainly towards the NFL, but being that I am a season ticket holder of this loser organization, I get to spew the majority of my hatred towards them. My list of reasons I hate the Eagles and NFL now include but are not limited to the following
3. There is nothing better than the NFL Draft. NOTHING. And due to this shtein farging situation, I couldnt tell you half the guys who should go in the first round. Same goes for FA. Aside from what I read here, I dont really know who the FA's are. I've lost serious interest. Im not sure if it will continue into the season (should there be one), but I've never cared so little about what the Eagles do during any one given offseason. Honestly, they can trade Kolb today to Carolina and get the #1 pick and I wouldnt care a lick

Yep.

I'm as big of a draft head there is, couple that with free agency, and I loved this part of the off-season.

But now I haven't read a draft guide and as much as I tried to get into watching the combine or reading mocks I cannot do it. They've broken me. I've gone from full on draft geek to not giving a farg.

Thank you very much, NFL.

Go farging farg yourselves in your greedy motherfargin asses.

MDS

good

draft geeks are awful people

pay attention to something interesting you wannabe kipers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

MDS

not even close

i cant think of a bigger waste of time than figuring out what the lions are going to die in the 4th round

and that includes reading articles about comedy central's development slate
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.