Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Sgt PSN

The real point here is that even if all 32 teams are requiring fans to pay for their season tickets (be it a partial payment or the full amount), the Eagles had an opportunity here to do right by their fans and require little or no money down on their season tickets for 2011.  For all of the gold standard talk and how innovative they think they are in the way they do business, they sure seem to be afraid to step outside of the box when it comes to the fans.  In these "tough economic times" the billionaire owner could have really endeared himself to the fans by telling them to keep their money and that their tickets will be waiting for them once football starts back up. 

Now imagine for a minute though if all 32 owners decided to do this.  Not only does it satisfy the fans and keep them happy but it probably wins them a lot of popularity points regarding public perception and people's opinions about the lockout.  Suddenly the owners aren't a bunch of rich greedy a-holes, they're people who care about the fans and make a business decision that was better for the fans rather than the bottom line.  And in actuality, it would end up being better for their bottom line in the long run anyway.

charlie

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 11, 2011, 02:38:43 PM
The real point here is that even if all 32 teams are requiring fans to pay for their season tickets (be it a partial payment or the full amount), the Eagles had an opportunity here to do right by their fans and require little or no money down on their season tickets for 2011.  For all of the gold standard talk and how innovative they think they are in the way they do business, they sure seem to be afraid to step outside of the box when it comes to the fans.  In these "tough economic times" the billionaire owner could have really endeared himself to the fans by telling them to keep their money and that their tickets will be waiting for them once football starts back up. 

Now imagine for a minute though if all 32 owners decided to do this.  Not only does it satisfy the fans and keep them happy but it probably wins them a lot of popularity points regarding public perception and people's opinions about the lockout.  Suddenly the owners aren't a bunch of rich greedy a-holes, they're people who care about the fans and make a business decision that was better for the fans rather than the bottom line.  And in actuality, it would end up being better for their bottom line in the long run anyway.

That's all well and good, but as of right now, there hasn't been any missed games yet. At what point do you make the fans pay for the tickets? When they have a week to do it in august before the 1st preseason game kicks off?

And nothing will convince the fans that the owners are not greedy iceholes. Because, well, the owners are all greedy iceholes.

Eagaholic

Quote from: DH on April 11, 2011, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2011, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: DH on April 08, 2011, 04:20:04 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on April 08, 2011, 10:48:07 AM
They also have the 2004 losers trophy in a glass display in the lobby.

farging losers

lol...i dont know if theres anyone i personally know that hates the eagles more than DH right now....and trust me i know some true haters

My hatred is mainly towards the NFL, but being that I am a season ticket holder of this loser organization, I get to spew the majority of my hatred towards them. My list of reasons I hate the Eagles and NFL now include but are not limited to the following:

1. The Eagles have my STH money for a season which Jeffrey Lurie is not assuring will be played. Always nice when a billionaire demands $800 of my money or else threaten losing my seat to the show.
2. The Eagles are making money off my (and IGY's, Mo's, smeags, and every other STH's) money by placing it inside a cute little escrow. I'm pretty sure every single one of us STHers have better uses for our money than making sure an organization which could care less about its fans slowly becomes more and more profitable.
3. There is nothing better than the NFL Draft. NOTHING. And due to this shtein farging situation, I couldnt tell you half the guys who should go in the first round. Same goes for FA. Aside from what I read here, I dont really know who the FA's are. I've lost serious interest. Im not sure if it will continue into the season (should there be one), but I've never cared so little about what the Eagles do during any one given offseason. Honestly, they can trade Kolb today to Carolina and get the #1 pick and I wouldnt care a lick.
4. I plan my weekends around Eagles home games. I go to 2-3 road games a year, hop on at least 1 flight a year to see them. I drove to farging Jacksonville on a whim 2 days before the Super Bowl after paying way too much for a game ticket. I care. They dont. farg them all.

well put and I wish more people felt the way you do

charlie

Also, if the owners dont bill for the tickets now... then you know that when the games start getting cancelled and it's costing too much money without football, that they will just start laying off the team administrative staffs.

There's no win for any side here.

Owners hate the players, who hate the owners, who are both hated by the fans. The media loves all of it.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: charlie on April 11, 2011, 02:46:13 PM
That's all well and good, but as of right now, there hasn't been any missed games yet.

True.  However, when STH pay their $800 or whatever they pay for their tix, they do so early in the year knowing that there will be games being played starting in Aug.  Can't say that this year.  They are currently being charged for a product that may or may not be available.  We do know that eventually football will be played again and so whenever that is, the tix are already paid for.  But what are the Eagles doing with that money in the meantime?  They don't have the same operating costs right now as they would under normal circumstances.  There are no meetings, no OTA's, no players working out in the Nova Care.  So what are they doing with the season ticket money?  Like DH said, it's probably sitting in some account building interest.  Why should the Eagles be making money on that?  It should be sitting in DH's account building interest or getting spent on hookers and blow. 

QuoteAt what point do you make the fans pay for the tickets? When they have a week to do it in august before the 1st preseason game kicks off?

Once a new CBA is in place, I think it would be fairly reasonable to give fans anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get their money in.

QuoteAnd nothing will convince the fans that the owners are not greedy iceholes. Because, well, the owners are all greedy iceholes.

You over estimate the intelligence of a lot of fans.  Would it convince you or me?  Not really.  I don't think it would convince anyone on this board really.  But it would most certainly draw a lot of fan support towards the owners side during this whole process. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: charlie on April 11, 2011, 02:53:15 PM
Also, if the owners dont bill for the tickets now... then you know that when the games start getting cancelled and it's costing too much money without football, that they will just start laying off the team administrative staffs.

If I'm not mistaken, a few teams have already done that. 

There's no win for any side here.

Agreed.

QuoteOwners hate the players, who hate the owners, who are both hated by the fans. The media loves all of it.

LOL...very true. 

DH

DH

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 11, 2011, 03:03:56 PM
Quote from: charlie on April 11, 2011, 02:53:15 PM

If I'm not mistaken, a few teams have already done that.  

i know for a fact that the jets have laid off the majority of their business staff. i have friends who have done some big things by way of sponsor deals, etc., who are sitting on their ass waiting for this whole thing to end.

You know who else is laying people off too? The NFL...I have another buddy who's out of a job.

DH

Quote from: charlie on April 11, 2011, 02:46:13 PM
At what point do you make the fans pay for the tickets? When they have a week to do it in august before the 1st preseason game kicks off?

when do you think ticketmaster will release their single game tickets for the season? that answer should answer your question...

and i could give two fargs if their accounting system is farged on 1 AUG because they couldnt get a deal done sooner. shoulda thought about this before calling judge doty's chick (who will never side w the owners)

ice grillin you

im not defending the eagles but a couple corrections only half the money has been required thus far...the second half is due june 8

also if any games are missed fans get their money refunded with interest....but this is where the team becomes shady mothercfargers....the interest doesnt begin to earn until the june 8 due date for the SECOND installment
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

DH

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 11, 2011, 03:54:03 PM
only half the money has been required thus far...the second half is due june 8
I should have been more specific. The Eagles have half my money. They will have it all on June 8th when there still will be no cba deal done.

the interest doesnt begin to earn until the june 8 due date for the SECOND installment

is this true? the fact that there is a date put on when they start collecting interest almost makes it worse - almost like they decided to show the fans that they are only semi-douchey..if it is true, how are the eagles (and every other team doing the same) not being investigated by some kind of governing body?? seriously, this is farging maddening.

Sgt PSN

im not defending the eagles but a couple corrections only half the money has been required thus far...the second half is due june 8

also if any games are missed fans get their money refunded with interest....but this is where the team becomes shady mothercfargers....the interest doesnt begin to earn until the june 8 due date for the SECOND installment

So yeah, that's not quite as bad as I originally thought, but still kind of shady.  So basically, the 1/2 down payment that STH's have put down right now is generating interest and the Eagles are collecting that interest.  The other 1/2 is not due until June 8.  So on June 8, DH pays his other half.  Then lets say July 1 comes around the the NFL says the season is cancelled.  That means that DH will get his $800 back plus the interest that was accumulated on that $800 from June 8 - Jul 1?  Meanwhile, the interest that accumulated on the $400 he paid in February (or whenever it was due) until June 8 is going into the Eagles/Lurie's bank account? 

DH is right on....how is this allowed to happen and why isn't it being investigated?  I'd be firing off hate mail to the Eagles, the Commish and my Congressman (which I'm sure he will act on promptly in a few months when the budget issues are resolved). 

ice grillin you

im not saying they are right but its not being investigated because they arent doing anything illegal...unethical sure...but they arent forcing any ticket holders to pay this money nor have they mislead anyone regarding the interest situation

is banner inc some of the most slimey individuals youll ever meet yes...are they pathetically bad at the customer service/public relations game...yes...but what are you going to investigate in this case?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous