Who Would You Like To See On The Banner?

Started by SunMo, March 08, 2008, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

Buddy
6 (28.6%)
Randall
10 (47.6%)
Donovan
10 (47.6%)
Westbrook
14 (66.7%)
Andy Reid
2 (9.5%)
Seth
4 (19%)
Reggie
12 (57.1%)
Wes
9 (42.9%)
Eric Allen
8 (38.1%)
Runyan
6 (28.6%)
Trotter
3 (14.3%)
Andre Watters
13 (61.9%)
Tommy McDonald
6 (28.6%)
VanBrocklin
2 (9.5%)
Jaws
8 (38.1%)
Quick
4 (19%)
Carmichael
8 (38.1%)
Bergey
3 (14.3%)
Papale
3 (14.3%)
Jerome
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

SunMo

Wingspan

He would be the eagle wearing #20 that doesn't have a shotgun in his mouth
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Cerevant on March 09, 2008, 08:02:25 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 08, 2008, 05:35:56 PM
Thought Concrete Charlie, Vermeil, Keith Byars and Dawkins should be on the list.  Papale, as nice as the story is, blah blah blah, has no business being up there.  He was a marketing tool then and still is now.  I want to punch people when I see them wearing Papale jerseys. 

Come on, Papale is every guys top non-sexual fantasy.  Imagine giving up your hum-drum job to be a professional football player.

I agree.  Does that mean that he should be recognised among the greatest all-time Eagles?  I'm not saying that what the guy did wasn't amazing.  For any average Joe to make it as a walk on to an NFL team is an amazing accomplishment and Papale should always feel good about that.  I don't have anything against the dude.  It's a great story.  But at the same time, I'm not some huge fan of Vince Papale "the football player."  I'm a fan of Vince Papale "the story." 

5 years ago you'd be hard pressed to find someone wearing a Papale jersey.  Maybe someone like FS64 (aka old ;) ) who got a custom jersey made.  5 years ago the Eagles didn't even sell the jersey because most people under the age of 30 wouldn't have even known who he was.  So when I go to the games and see a bunch of people walking around with an obvious brand new Papale jersey, it just irritates the crap out of me because I think most people are wearing it to try and make it look like they're some kind of old school Eagles fan or something. 

SunMo

Quote from: Wingspan on March 09, 2008, 06:34:11 PM
He would be the eagle wearing #20 that doesn't have a shotgun in his mouth

wow, that even made me cringe

ice grillin you

the fact that papale and bednarik are two of the most beloved eagles makes me sick...at least vince seems like a geniunely good guy so i can live with him...but bednarik makes me physically ill

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I love Bednarik. I don't care if he hates the organization and is a bitter old fart.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 10, 2008, 11:48:48 AM
the fact that papale and bednarik are two of the most beloved eagles makes me sick...at least vince seems like a geniunely good guy so i can live with him...but bednarik makes me physically ill

So, you think the guy that was mostly a forgettable special teams contributor during some lean years is more worthy than the guy who starred on both offense and defense the last time the Eagles won a NFL championship?

Gotcha.

BTW, I voted for every white guy on the list, and frankly, I'm disturbed that there aren't more!  What about Kevin Turner?  Jaime Asher?  Mike Mamula?

Sgt PSN

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 10, 2008, 12:04:47 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 10, 2008, 11:48:48 AM

So, you think the guy that was mostly a forgettable special teams contributor during some lean years is more worthy than the guy who starred on both offense and defense the last time the Eagles won a NFL championship?

Gotcha.

BTW, I voted for every white guy on the list, and frankly, I'm disturbed that there aren't more!  What about Kevin Turner?  Jaime Asher?  Mike Mamula?

i dont give a flying farg about any eagle that came before i was born...and chuck bednarik is one of the great iceholes of our time...thats way more than enough to put paple above him in my book
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wingspan

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 10, 2008, 11:27:35 AM
Quote from: Cerevant on March 09, 2008, 08:02:25 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 08, 2008, 05:35:56 PM
Thought Concrete Charlie, Vermeil, Keith Byars and Dawkins should be on the list.  Papale, as nice as the story is, blah blah blah, has no business being up there.  He was a marketing tool then and still is now.  I want to punch people when I see them wearing Papale jerseys. 

Come on, Papale is every guys top non-sexual fantasy.  Imagine giving up your hum-drum job to be a professional football player.

I agree.  Does that mean that he should be recognised among the greatest all-time Eagles?  I'm not saying that what the guy did wasn't amazing.  For any average Joe to make it as a walk on to an NFL team is an amazing accomplishment and Papale should always feel good about that.  I don't have anything against the dude.  It's a great story.  But at the same time, I'm not some huge fan of Vince Papale "the football player."  I'm a fan of Vince Papale "the story." 

5 years ago you'd be hard pressed to find someone wearing a Papale jersey.  Maybe someone like FS64 (aka old ;) ) who got a custom jersey made.  5 years ago the Eagles didn't even sell the jersey because most people under the age of 30 wouldn't have even known who he was.  So when I go to the games and see a bunch of people walking around with an obvious brand new Papale jersey, it just irritates the crap out of me because I think most people are wearing it to try and make it look like they're some kind of old school Eagles fan or something. 

Papale wasn't your "average joe" though. He was a all american track star at St Joes U, and he played pro ball before when he tried out and made The Philadelphia Bell (of the WFL)...that's where Vermeil discovered him.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sarge is probably basing his statement more on the fictionalized version in the movie.