Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

QuoteScientists said on Tuesday that they had discovered the world's first hybrid sharks in Australian waters, a potential sign the predators were adapting to cope with climate change.

lol

Yes it's climate change that a local Australian black tip shark mated with a global black tip shark. Anything else we can attribute to 'Climate Change'? How bout Jerry Sandusky molesting children, lets chalk that up to climate change too.

Munson

Climate definitely not changing...that much we know.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

The climate has been changing since the big bang.

Diomedes

You mean since God created Earth?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Yeti

Monkeys created the Earth.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

General_Failure

No they didn't, but they did pitch in with the last train to Clarksville.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Don Ho

Quote from: Yeti on January 03, 2012, 09:33:22 PM
Monkeys created the Earth.

Ah, I think it was Charlton Heston.  No, wait, he ended the world.  farging apes.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

cool
Quote(Reuters) - New DNA reader could bring genetics to medical clinics. After years of predictions that the "$1,000 genome" - a read-out of a person's complete genetic information for about the cost of a dental crown - was just around the corner, a U.S. company is announcing Tuesday that it has achieved that milestone and taken the technology several steps ahead...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/10/us-dna-reader-idUSTRE8090B820120110

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

Pfft. They've had that for years...I saw The Philadelphia Experiment, so I know it for a fact.

General_Failure

Science decodes 'internal voices'

QuoteResearchers have demonstrated a striking method to reconstruct words, based on the brain waves of patients thinking of those words. The technique reported in PLoS Biology relies on gathering electrical signals directly from patients' brains. Based on signals from listening patients, a computer model was used to reconstruct the sounds of words that patients were thinking of. The method may in future help comatose and locked-in patients communicate.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Farg the comatose. Can this shtein be used to find out what dogs are thinking?

hbionic

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-01/blending-two-technologies-new-handheld-device-could-diagnose-hiv-30-minutes

Hand held devices take on a new meaning.

This is pretty cool.

I don't know if people realize it or not, but we are living in an era akin to the industrial revolution. It's just amazing how many advances are made each day from medicine, to nanotechnology, to processors, to finding exoplanets by the thousands.

I really hope to live old enough to see what 50 years from now looks like.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05