Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

https://twitter.com/ChiefDavidRoddy/status/1265758198608400386 20

- Police Chief in Chattanooga.

Pretty remarkable stuff for him to post that.  There's damn few of them out there too. Too bad.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 27, 2020, 07:00:57 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on May 27, 2020, 05:07:35 PM
twitter is a cesspool of vile humans who get no real world interaction and journalists trying to get clicks for their zesty writing.

my advice would be to follow better people

its both?

if you simply follow good people and never read any replies, twitter is terrific. great way to information gather things youre interested in, whatever it is. then there are the mentions and the eons of hungry hungry hippos and racists. you can avoid them pretty easily but ill be the first to admit its really tough to not take the bait.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Yeah, I'm with MDS on this.  I try to use twitter just to scan stuff I'm interested in, and try to avoid the rabbit hole of comments.

Which basically means Philly sports, major news sources and history.

General_Failure

The absolute worst thing about Twitter is the promoted tweets about some wine quiz that comes from random fake accounts so you can't even mute it to make it go away.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Note to self:  When helping yourself to free stuff during a peaceful uprising, leave the Pawn Shop alone.  Unlike Target, they shoot more than cameras.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

White America sees the looting, rioting and assorted acts of violence and says, "see... this is what they are" and goes on about its business.

I'm on the looters' side but that's how whitey sees it.  And we're never getting past it either. 

Diomedes

I can't get with looting from any angle.  Chaos ain't helping anyone.

I've been in a chaotic crowd...not a riot, but not orderly either.  It's a terrifying thing; people lose their minds and behave unaccountably.  It's extremely dangerous and nothing good ever comes from a mob.

The four cops who killed Floyd need to be publicly perp walked into custody asap.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on May 28, 2020, 09:20:07 AMThe four cops who killed Floyd need to be publicly perp walked into custody asap.

I one billion percent agree with this.

Also - Trump's fascist DOJ & the FBI need to stay all the way out of this.  The last thing MN needs is for those thugs to muddy the waters. 

Munson

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/1265990568615739392

Once again we see these liberal college campuses and their attacks on free speech. When will it end? Quick let's spend another 3 years hand wringing about some racist getting shouted down at UC Berkeley
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Everyone knew this was coming eventually from that farg.

Vote him out.  If that doesn't work, then haul him out in chains.

Munson

But Rome, what about the 20 year old college girl with black rimmed glasses and blue hair shouting down Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson on her campus? She is clearly the real threat to free speech. I think we're gonna need another 25 columns on the NYTimes opinion page about her and her ilk
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

https://twitter.com/lenaruthsolow/status/1265842997352112128

No one here is doing performative outrage about the looting but still wanted to share this. There's a few other people making good points as well but frankly don't wanna flood the page with tweets.

I will say someone I know living there said the protests started out peaceful but the cops were the ones who escalated it and started shooting tear gas at the peaceful ones so things devolved from there.