So I hear there is a gathering Thursday

Started by Seabiscuit36, February 06, 2018, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Any :CF plans.  Post em up. 

QuoteParade Activities and Information

The parade will kick off from Broad Street and Pattison Avenue at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 8, traveling northbound on Broad Street to South Penn Square, westbound on South Penn Square to 15th Street, northbound on 15th Street to JFK Boulevard, westbound on JFK Boulevard to 16th Street, northbound on 16th Street to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, westbound on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Eakins Oval, terminating at Philadelphia Museum of Art apron.

Officials say 14 jumbotrons will be placed along the parade route for an optimal viewing experience.

Public Safety Information

The perimeter of the parade will be firmly secured and protected for maximum public safety.

Throughout the event, the city will provide a strong presence of law enforcement and emergency medical services. City personnel and Eagles officials will utilize a network of prevention and response services, which will be integrated, mobile and in constant communication.

The public can do their part by using common sense. If you are attending the parade, make a plan regarding driving, public transit, parking, supervision of children and wearing comfortable attire. Be prepared to walk, as road closures near the parade route will lead to traffic congestion and delays.

Leave no bags or items unattended. In an emergency or to report a suspicious person, activity or item (a backpack, a package, a container), notify a police officer immediately or call 911. Do not try to open, move, cover or touch a suspicious item.

The Philadelphia Fire Department will staff medic (EMS) tents at the following locations:

24th Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway (south side)
    21st Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway (north side)

Take missing or lost persons to either of the medic tent locations listed above or notify a Philadelphia Police Officer immediately.

Alpha-numeric "location markers" are posted along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway to clearly and easily identify a location or section (by letter and number, example: CD-1) to facilitate communication in the event of an emergency.

Road Closures

Significant travel delays can be expected on the date of the event, and implementation of additional road closures and lane restrictions may be necessary during the event to maintain public safety.  Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes, and allow for extra driving time when traveling in the vicinity. Please refrain from double-parking, which creates congestion, limits traffic flow and is illegal.

The full set of closures on the parade route and in the immediate vicinity are scheduled to be implemented by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 8. The full extent of these closures will be in place until approximately 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 8, with all roads open in time for morning rush hour on Friday, February 9. A detailed list of closures and restrictions by date is listed below.

Tuesday, February 6 - Wednesday, February 7

The inner lanes (inbound and outbound) of Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be closed from Eakins Oval to 20th Street will be closed from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 6 and Wednesday, February 7. This closure will not be in effect during morning and evening rush hours, and cross streets will remain open to traffic throughout.

Thursday, February 8

The following streets will be closed according to the schedules listed below:

5:00 a.m. until approximately 6:00 p.m.

Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 16th Street and 20th Street (including Logan Circle)
    17th Street between Arch Street and Vine Street
    18th Street between Arch Street and Vine Street
    19th Street between Arch Street and Vine Street
    Race Street between 20th Street and Logan Circle
    20th Street between Race Street and Callowhill Street
    Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th Street and Eakins Oval (all lanes)
    21st Street between Spring Garden Street and Winter Street
    Local access to Pennsylvania Avenue only (all traffic must turn left)
    22nd Street between Spring Garden Street and Race Street
    Local access to Park Towne Place only (residents)
    23rd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
    Local access only as conditions allow
    24th Street between Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Park Towne Place
    Park Towne Place between 22nd Street and 24th Street
    Local access to Park Towne Place only (residents)
    Pennsylvania Avenue/Callowhill Street between 20th Street and 21st Street
    Local access to Barnes Foundation driveway (westbound) only
    Eastbound open from 21st Street
    Spring Garden Street between 22nd Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
    Local access only as conditions allow
    Spring Garden Tunnel
    Waterworks Drive
    I-676 westbound 22nd Street off-ramp
    2000 Winter Street
    Kelly Drive between Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Strawberry Mansion Drive
    Martin Luther King Drive between Eakins Oval and Montgomery Drive
    Spring Garden Street Bridge at 31st Street
    Anne d'Harnoncourt Drive
    25th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Kelly Drive

The following streets will be designated "local access only" west of 22nd Street:

Wallace Street
    Mt. Vernon Street
    Green Street
    Judson Street
    Brandywine Street

9:00 p.m. until approximately 6:00 p.m.

South Broad Street between Pattison Avenue and South Penn Square
    South Penn Square between Broad Street and 15th Street
    15th Street between Chestnut Street and Vine Street
    16th Street between Chestnut Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
    1500-1600 Market Street
    1500-1600 JFK Boulevard
    I-95 northbound and southbound Broad Street off-ramp
    I-76 eastbound and westbound Broad Street off-ramp (Sports Complex)

10:00 a.m. until approximately 6:00 p.m.

All cross streets on Broad Street from Pattison Avenue to S. Penn Square, from 13th Street to 15th Street
    Pattison Avenue between 7th Street and 20th Street

12:00 p.m. until approximately 9:00 p.m.

JFK Boulevard between 20th Street and 29th Street/Schuylkill Avenue
    29th Street/Schuylkill Avenue between Market Street and JFK Boulevard
    30th Street between Market Street and Arch Street
    I-76 westbound 30th Street off-ramp
    I-76 eastbound 30th Street off-ramp
    I-76 westbound Schuylkill Avenue on-ramp
    Filbert Street between 10th Street and 12th Street
    10th Street between Filbert Street and Race Street
    11th Street between Filbert Street and Race Street
    12th Street between Filbert Street and Race Street

The inner lanes (inbound and outbound) of Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be closed from Eakins Oval to 20th Street will be closed from 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 8 into overnight hours.  Cross streets will remain open to traffic throughout, and all roads will be open prior to morning rush hour on Friday, February 9.

Cross streets will be reopened south to north on Broad Street, and elsewhere along the parade route, as early as conditions allow on Thursday, February 8.

On-Street Parking Restrictions

Temporary no parking restrictions along the parade route and on adjacent streets will commence at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 7. The full extent of these restrictions will be in place until approximately 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 8. A complete list of impacted streets can be found below:

South Broad Street from South Penn Square to Pattison Avenue (both sides of the street including the center median)
    All cross streets on Broad Street from Pattison Avenue to Chestnut Street from 13th Street to 15th Street (both sides of the street)
    South Penn Square from Broad Street to 15th Street (both sides of the street)
    15th Street from Chestnut Street to Vine Street (both sides of the street)
    1500 Arch Street (both sides of the street)
    1400-1600 JFK Boulevard (both sides of the street)
    Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16th Street to 20th Streets (both sides of the street)
    Kelly Drive along Boathouse Row
    Sedgley Drive between Kelly Drive and Poplar Drive
    Waterworks Drive
    1500-1600 Market Street (both sides of the street)
    1600 Cherry Street (both sides of the street)
    Pennsylvania Avenue from 22nd Street to 24th Street (south side of the street)
    Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 20th Street to Eakins Oval (all lanes; both sides)
    22nd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Winter Street (both sides of the street)
    21st Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Race Street (both sides of the street)
    20th Street from Race Street to Callowhill Street (both sides of the street)
    19th Street from Arch Street to Vine Street (both sides of the street)
    18th Street from Arch Street to Vine Street (both sides of the street)
    17th Street from Arch Street to Vine Street (both sides of the street)
    16th Street from Market Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway (both sides of the street)
    1500-1600 Market Street (both sides of the street)
    1600 Cherry Street (both sides of the street)
    Park Towne Place between 22nd and 24th Streets (north side of the street)
    2000-2200 Spring Garden Street (both sides of the street)
    2000 Winter Street

There will be no enforcement of meter and time limit regulations on the day of the parade. Safety violations such as parking too close to the corner, fire hydrants, blocking crosswalks and double parking will be enforced. The Impoundment Lot located at 2501 Weccacoe Avenue will stay open until midnight on Wednesday for the release of vehicles. No vehicles will be released on Thursday.

Individuals with hearings scheduled on Thursday should contact the Bureau of Administrative Adjudication at 888-591-3636 to schedule a new hearing date. The unclaimed vehicle auction scheduled for Thursday on the 2500 block of South Swanson Street will be rescheduled for a later date.

Bicycle Lane Detours

During the parade, several bicycle lanes along Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Broad Street, and streets in the vicinity will be inaccessible. Cyclists are advised to use caution when traveling in the area.

There will be no access to the Schuylkill River Trail from the rear of the Philadelphia Museum of Art on Thursday, February 8.  Westbound travel on the Schuylkill Travel will terminate at Paine Skate Park.

Public Transportation and Off-Street Parking

SEPTA will be implementing a special parade day public transportation plan to ensure the safe arrival and departure of event goers on Thursday, February 8. Full details can be found here.

FULL DETAILS: SEPTA Super Bowl parade day service

If driving into Center City is necessary, commercial off-street parking lots and garages conveniently are located near the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Broad Street and the stadium complex. Contact individual facilities in advance for rates and availability, or visit the PPA's website for a list of parking options (NOTE: There will be NO parking at the Stadium Complex.)

Trash Collections

Normal residential trash and recycling collection will be suspended on Thursday, February 8. The Streets Department will operate on a holiday schedule and will be delayed by one day. Residents with a normal collection day on Thursday should place their trash and recycling curbside on Friday, February 9.

Local Businesses and Institutions

Visitors are encouraged to contact or visit the websites of individual businesses and institutions to determine hours of operation on Thursday, February 8.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

i'm not getting into 30th st until about 9:30, worried i'm not going be able to find anyone i know since cell phone service will be nonexistent.

Sgt PSN

I've got a friend who lives a few blocks from the Art Museum...22nd and Green I think....so I might see if I can park at her place and walk over. 

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 06, 2018, 01:08:54 PM
I've got a friend who lives a few blocks from the Art Museum...22nd and Green I think....so I might see if I can park at her place and walk over.

you should get there at 1:00. parking will be easy and no traffic.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 06, 2018, 01:12:01 PM

lol

You aren't finding parking on a regular day. Thursday morning forget about it. If they're cool with it stay the night.

Seabiscuit36

They were erecting temporary cell phone towers yesterday believe it or not.  Wonder if i can break out the old nextel?

Quote from: phattymatty on February 06, 2018, 12:55:57 PM
i'm not getting into 30th st until about 9:30, worried i'm not going be able to find anyone i know since cell phone service will be nonexistent.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

bumped my train to get into 30th at 730 now...i imagine even then will be hard to get anywhere near the art museum...will probably just start walking from the station and play it by ear.

i read that backpacks are not allowed but i can't imagine there is any way to enforce this. i plan to have a backpack full of booze.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on February 06, 2018, 01:24:37 PM
Quote from: MDS on February 06, 2018, 01:12:01 PM

lol

You aren't finding parking on a regular day. Thursday morning forget about it. If they're cool with it stay the night.

i know a bunch of people that are coming in the night before...septa is talking a big game about having extra trains but good luck with that. there is just simply no way to accommodate that many people trying to get to the same place while at the same time attempting some kind of normal service for people not going.

if any of you are coming in 1. come as early as you can 2. be god damn patient and know septa sucks when there arent 3 million people trying to get to the parkway
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Original plans were to get a party bus, my friends are still doing that...I have no idea where they think they're parking that thing. Just seems like a pain. I have a hotel room Wednesday - Friday in Old City. About a 40 minute walk to the Art Museum. Cost quite a bit but I'm not missing this and it's worth not dealing with the anxiety of trying to get into the city.

Munson

Was able to get off work.

I've got two friends who live within walking distance of the art museum, think my plan is to go up the night before and spend the night and wake up nice and early an grab a spot on the ropes, as close as i can get to the art museum (or, if nutso's already have it packed up by that early in the AM, then in a good viewing area of the first jumbotron)
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

If 3,000,000 people show up and assuming people are lined up single file, the crowd with be 57 people deep from start to finish. 

I'd camp out now if you want to get anywhere near the art museum. 

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: phattymatty on February 06, 2018, 01:49:45 PM
bumped my train to get into 30th at 730 now...i imagine even then will be hard to get anywhere near the art museum...will probably just start walking from the station and play it by ear.

i read that backpacks are not allowed but i can't imagine there is any way to enforce this. i plan to have a backpack full of booze.

Just primed a backpack cooler for Miller Lites, and to do the backpack kid dance all day long.  No way that Rule is stopping me. 

Might do what Munson has planned, friends of friends are opening their doors and floors i guess wednesday night. 

So in 2008, similar deal with mass transit.  It was free, they encouraged everyone to do that instead of drive.  Trains going to NJ and the Philly Burbs had 4 hour delays or something insane.  Don't even care, just want to be there for it. 

SD

Whatever time you're planning on leaving, I'd leave 2 hours earlier. Just had dinner with some friends who are staying at a friends house in south Philly. It's going to be mayhem trying to get into the city.

Any guesses to the 'few surprises' for the parade?

Diomedes

Al Queda?

dark jokes aside...what a challenge for cops firemen emts, other public servants...gonna be an all hands on deck day
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger