We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: phattymatty on March 10, 2021, 10:22:25 AM
seems like half the people I know finally got their first shot in the last week.  not me yet but it's starting to feel like being able to snort something off of a dirty bar toilet again is not too far away.

got mine on monday...moderna.  had a couple mild side effects on tuesday...cold symptoms & very low grade fever...but back to normal today.
lucked out in that my dr's office has the vaccine (for their patients only)...plus i ate my way into being eligible due to my bmi.  :paranoid
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Munson

Was it just your first shot hunt? I felt kinda crappy for 24-36 hours after my first and I was wondering how many other people were getting similar reactions on their first shot.

I'm convinced I had covid back last January/feb before everything blew up, and apparently people who had it have stronger reactions to the first shot than others so.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hunt

Quote from: Munson on March 11, 2021, 11:33:55 AM
Was it just your first shot hunt? I felt kinda crappy for 24-36 hours after my first and I was wondering how many other people were getting similar reactions on their first shot.

I'm convinced I had covid back last January/feb before everything blew up, and apparently people who had it have stronger reactions to the first shot than others so.

yeah...it was my 1st shot.

Geowhizzer

On Saturday I get to drive to the Y'all part of Florida to get my first shot.  Right off Lake Okeechobee.

I could have gotten one through the district, but I wanted my wife to get one as well, so we scheduled it together.

Pfizer.

Quote from: Munson on March 11, 2021, 11:33:55 AM

Great...  It's be hilarious if I get more symptoms from the vaccine than I did from the 'rona.

Rome

Dude - you got fat?

I'm so proud of you!

phattymatty

Quote from: Rome on March 10, 2021, 07:11:28 PM
They're wary because they believe in dumb ass religious bullshtein.  So do millions of American Christians.  They both believe in some retarded farging fairy tale, but not science, and we sit here in this ghastly position exactly because of that.

one of the more frustrating (and racist) things about our current process is that vaccines are being provided in conservative, rural areas (likely with a much higher % of anti-maskers and covid hoaxers) than in predominantly urban and poor areas.  trump is gone but we still suck ass. 

phattymatty

Quote from: hunt on March 11, 2021, 10:25:23 AM

got mine on monday...moderna.  had a couple mild side effects on tuesday...cold symptoms & very low grade fever...but back to normal today.
lucked out in that my dr's office has the vaccine (for their patients only)...plus i ate my way into being eligible due to my bmi.  :paranoid

lol yeah I did the calculations and my BMI is right at the level needed to be considered obese and eligible.  at least I accomplished one thing over the last year.  they still won't call me to schedule though for some reason.

hunt

Quote from: Rome on March 11, 2021, 12:36:34 PM
Dude - you got fat?

I'm so proud of you!

the wife is too good of a cook, man.  :-D

SD

VA called yesterday saying they had vaccine appointments available. Scheduled me for this morning, just took the Johnson and Johnson one and done deal shot.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Zero pain at the injection site. Extremely mild headache yesterday. Zero other side effects. Taking the dog on a 10 mile hike today.

Rome

Moderna available here. Wifey is on the registry.  Nothing for me yet.  Too healthy now.  I guess I shouldn't have lost all this weight.  Damn veggies!

Also - I overheard someone say that the vaccine is a hoax yesterday.  Took every ounce of restraint on my part not to punch that motherfarger in the temple.

Geowhizzer

One down, one to go.  No side effects, as far as I can tell.

PhillyPhreak54

I got a text Friday that I could get mine through the hospital I go to. I go Thursday for my first one. They use the Pfizer.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on March 14, 2021, 10:20:34 AMTook every ounce of restraint on my part not to punch that motherfarger in the temple.

LOL....if I had five bucks for every time you've said something like this, I could buy a ticket to fly down there and test your restraint in person you big tough talking blowhard.  100% guaranteed you ain't punching anyone in the temple, anywhere, anytime. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger