We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Been to Portland twice and liked it both times. Didn't spend enough time to say I really experienced the city but hit a couple breweries and just liked the overall feel of it.

Here's a couple of threads from doctors in Italy (supposedly) for your reading uh pleasure?

https://twitter.com/silviast9/status/1236933818654896129

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

flights to europe are dirt cheap right now.  think i might snag a long weekend somewhere fun.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 10, 2020, 10:42:34 AM
those are garbage ass cancun places and still around the same price as a 10 day cruise

dont get me wrong id rather pay double and go to a good resort but theres no price comparison...nothing can beat a cruise for the value

They look fine to me and I'd stay at any one of them for 4 nights before I got stuck on a ship with a few thousand people.

Supposed to go to Disney end of April, like all of our trips it's tentative. Baby's momma told me yesterday she won't let me take my daughter. I told her to farg off. She threatened to call the cops  :-D

Munson

Quote from: phattymatty on March 10, 2020, 12:25:03 PM
flights to europe are dirt cheap right now.  think i might snag a long weekend somewhere fun.

I mean, at this point, unless it's Italy...is there anywhere in Europe you're gonna go that would be less safe than America at this point? Lol

I guess the only problem is you'll be more likely to do touristy things which means more time spent in large crowds, but...it's not like we're exactly doing a bang up job on containment here atm
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on March 10, 2020, 09:58:24 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 09, 2020, 09:38:08 PM
My girl looked up cruises yesterday and some were as low as $189

Maybe it's because I was in the Navy for 9 years and cramped on a ship most of that time but I never understood the appeal of a cruise. I've asked people and they've said there's shows and activities etc. but for roughly the same amount of money I could go to an all inclusive resort on an ocean front which offers more than a cruise with way less restrictions.

Yeah after a few days I was like...I'd rather pay to go to one spot. I had fun on the boat and I drank to the point where the last day I didn't even want to look at it.

Munson

PhillyPhreak54

gonna go home and watch Outbreak tonight

Munson

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1237779140620759043

100 million infections with a 1% death rate would be 1 million deaths. This is not "just the flu".

Diomedes

global death rates more like 3.65% by my count.

that rate should be inflated as presumably a lot of people had COVID-19, got better, and were not captured in the "infected" figures...but there's also a huge difference between 3.65% and 1%
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Listen to the MAGAts tho..."its just the flu durrr"

Houston just canceled the Rodeo here which is huge news. People are freaking out bc they're pissed they won't get to see the concerts. Multi million dollar loss in revenue for the city. Couple that with the oil market shteinting all over itself and people are in full blown panic here.

The turning point for canceling the Rodeo was the event that precedes it, the BBQ cookoff, had a guy from the county above us attend and he's got the virus. They do not know how he contracted it - meaning he was not in contact with someone who traveled etc - so they think the community spread is now in full force.

Munson

Yeah i was trying to be generous in the best case scenario direction. It can be waaaay worse if it's more towards that end of things.

Also just heard on KYW1060 that apparently scientists released a study today showing it survives up to 2-3 hours in the air and 2-3 days on plastic and metal surfaces. This shtein is very much not the flu. However, I can't find any evidence of this study on the internet right now so can't look at it

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 11, 2020, 02:47:23 PM
Listen to the MAGAts tho..."its just the flu durrr"

If three million Americans die and two thirds of them are red hatters, I'm voting COVID-19 for President