Week Three - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 23, 2021, 05:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Incredible finish.

Aaron Rodgers isn't human.

MDS

that first throw to adams was ridiculous...dropped it in a bucket from 30 yards out

demeco played way too soft there, especially after the first completion. cant let AR pick you apart. he is not jalen hurts.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I'm beating a dead horse but this is the only place I cantalk about it without getting buried, and I literally see this perspective nowhere else. 

I really hate the excessive sympathies being expressed for Andy Reid.  A lot of santimonious bullshtein.  What makes this dude so beloved, or such a good guy?  Every mfer on teevee talking that trash knows that he gave his life to football instead of his family, even when his family was in spectacular, community-threatening crisis, and that his solution to the problem was not to be a family guy afterall, and put football second, but instead to stash the farg ups on staff, where one of them promplty od'd and died at training camp, and another got drunk at the team facility and maimed a child for life drunk driving.

This is not the behavior of a good guy.  If he is a tragic figure, then it's in the classical sense--making his own awful bed--not in the mawkish, dumbed down "unlucky," sense.  The terribly sad story of this man and his family is just papered over and made palatable, why?  Because to do otherwise makes some people uncomfortable?  Because if you look to closely you'll see the nepotism all over the NFL, you'll see the cuplability these organizations (ouught to) bear for operating so unprofessionally?

I'm not cheering Reid's poor health and I  don't wish him ill....but I'm disgusted by the fiction being parroted back and for that this is a good but unlucky dude.

Bullshtein.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Everyone in sports media is a broke-brained former athlete or surrounded by enough of them that, if they did share your opinion, know sharing it isn't going to do them any favors.

Andy grew up in one cult and devoted his life to another, and his family suffered for it. Everyone his kids sold drugs to as well. And that girl that's farged for life because his drunken loser son hit her. And me that time he chose to punt against the Saints in the playoffs.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

You can't even find people willing to say something like this on Reddit..nevermind teevee.

The guy is held up like, if he's not, somehow the whole edifice will crumble and everyone will have to look in the mirror. 

Something about having a holy holy to revere, and never question...creeps me out.  Like, if the neighbor down the street behaved in this way and got the same results, lots of people would be openly saying...well you know...

But because it's fooball, because the party line is he's a god fearing family man....

I can't wait for him to retire and get out of the conversation.  Put his suriving son in prison where he belongs, and maybe someday we can be more real about this crap. 

For what it's worth, every time someone goes on about what a great guy he is, my kid says..."not if you're that brain damaged girl he's not."  I guess I'm raising haters.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

andy is a terrible father but beloved in coaching circles....takes good good care of his people and many have moved on to bigger and better jobs. media likes him because hes always up for a quote. texts back. is available.

all of that - essentially putting his job before everything - has led to problems at home
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Interested to see what kind of reception fat man gets next week

Birds should have Aeneas Williams, Rhonde Barber, Ricky Manning jr. and Rodney Harrison as honorary captains