Week One - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 05, 2021, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I started out on the regular broadcast. I flipped over and The Manning Cast was rough at times but got better as the show went on.

They had Charles Barkley, Ray Lewis, Travis Kelce and Russ as guests. I think Russ was the best of the four - but, and this happened with all guests, the conversations were stunted at times because they'd interrupt one another.

The regular broadcast is meh. I like Riddick and that's about it.

MDS

meh is the perfect word for the broadcast...it feels like a nondescript sunday afternoon game. its fine. it doesnt suck like it did a few years ago, but it doesnt have the big game feel cbs fox nbc have with their top teams.

espn is not committed to this team long term but right now dont have anything else better so theyll go with the group that isnt getting roasted on twitter. massive step up for them.

the manning stuff was good at times but it very much felt like a dvd commentary. theyre not at the game and jumping all over the place. i stuck with the regular broadcast for most of 4Q because you just cant get the emotion and feel of the game when its 2 guys in studio and 1 on zoom. good additive broadcast all in all. ill repeat i came away thinking peyton would be monstrously good as a traditional color guy. of course he could be doing that if he wanted, lord knows hes had the offers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

farg is wrong with you MAGA people??
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Lol.  The NFL on tv is barely tolerable with the sound muted.  But sure, more ex-jocks screaming over each other.  That'll make it better. 

Zanshin

No idea how or why anyone would watch those shows. Just talk for the sake of talk and very few original or necessary insights. Seems like a literal waste of time to me.