Week 1 - Falcons: New Season, New Coach, Same Crap

Started by MDS, August 28, 2021, 08:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Falcons 27
Eagles 17

Some positive signs, but in the end too many mistakes.

SD

Diomedes

yep, gonna me messy

the whole league takes a couple games to get in shape anymore
two teams with new (rookie) HCs
Hurts as starter

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

they are getting some pressure on ryan but calvin ridley is always open, so thats not ideal
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

Gotta say, playcalling is already better than anything I saw last year.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

MDS

the falcons have a bad defense and there is no intel on the eagles offense, so not bad

thing im most pleased with is hurts putting that td pass on the money
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on September 12, 2021, 01:28:12 PM
the falcons have a bad defense and there is no intel on the eagles offense, so not bad

Yeah I'm wondering how these concepts will hold up to film.

Better than sucking out the gate though.

QB Eagles

One bad call and now the Falcons are butthurt about every tackle near the sideline.

MDS

im not a numbers guy but these low numbers everywhere are turning me into hentz

Diomedes

MDS

classic jim johnson bend but dont break going on here

QB Eagles

"Falcons have absolutely dominated" - Burkhardt comparing stats from two FG drives against stats from one TD drive