DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 29, 2021, 09:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Rookie contracts just haven't been very interesting since Sam Bradford, and that's fine by me.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

They're formulaic, a non-story really.

Remember when they weren't?  And it was good news to read that the big rookies had signed?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

sweet

QuoteDeVonta Smith has a knee sprain. He's week to week.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its actually a sprained mcl and hes done for the preseason

twig
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Greg Ward your #1 WR who is a full practice participant today.

Don Ho

QuoteSmith is clearly the No. 1 wide receiver through the first few practices, as no Eagles wide receivers have stepped up in the early going.

Travis Fulgham, John Hightower, and JJ Arcega-Whiteside haven't stood out through four sessions, and Quez Watkins has been limited with a non-COVID related illness.

Well this is farging encouraging.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

That injury would suck if it ends up delaying Smith's HOF eligibility.

Eagaholic

I was excited when they drafted Smith. I had the same durability concerns as many other. The more of him I see, both on the field and behind a mic, the more I like him. I could see him having a similar career to DeSean, often brilliant but eventually often injured. Am I the only one who has wondered what it might be like if Howie made the deal with the Bears instead the Giants/Bears trade going down? They'd have 3 or 4 first round picks among maybe a dozen total. I will be interesting over time to watch what they might have had, as well as the Justin Field option. 

ice grillin you

he doesnt have near the speed and wont be a straight line threat like that but he can be better at everything else than P

he has so many good qualities but none were better in college than the fact that he never drops a ball and most of that is because the defender is never close enough to him to cause drops....hes a route running machine

Diomedes

he's open 80% of the time, so so smooth and great instinct for finding the spot...he's going to murder defenses
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on September 13, 2021, 09:51:19 AM
he's open 80% of the time, so so smooth and great instinct for finding the spot...he's going to murder defenses

My worry after watching him in college and briefly in the preseason was he comes out of breaks too fast. That's usually a great problem but Flacco takes 5 years to make a throw and Hurts arm strength was suspect. Initially I thought timing might be an issue.

Diomedes

Diomedes

https://twitter.com/DeVontaSmith_6/status/1447037149472333825

sure sure he talking about Alabama yesterday....

all the same, pay attention Nick